to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Bioshock Infinite: your questions answered

Your comments on our articles.

We've got your pre-review queries, right here

Before putting our Bioshock Infinite review up, we asked if there was anything specific you wanted to know. You took us at our word, and asked questions. I suppose the next logical step is that I answer them. Clip on your curiosity braces, lest your trousers of intrigue get blown clean off.... read more

Bioshock Infinite: your questions answered

Postby PonderingWalrus » 25 Mar 2013, 15:55

Wait, I actually have a proper question now:

I doubt it, but is there any kind of New Game+ or anything else that promotes replayability?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Re: Bioshock Infinite: your questions answered

Postby msbhvn » 25 Mar 2013, 16:06

PonderingWalrus wrote:Wait, I actually have a proper question now:

I doubt it, but is there any kind of New Game+ or anything else that promotes replayability?

It's a shame there's no New Game Plus option - you have to start again with all your powers stripped away. There is, however, 1999 Mode, which unlocks after you finish the game.

Shame on you for not reading the article properly before posting! I've never done that on here. *shifty eyes* :lol:
#SaveOXM
msbhvn 68

Postby Metalrodent » 25 Mar 2013, 17:30

Ta for this one, a lot of very useful questions answered
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby OXM Log » 25 Mar 2013, 17:57

I annoyed myself by outlining a couple of issues with performance, and then saying "I had no issues with performance". What I meant was: no ruinous issues with performance.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 25 Mar 2013, 18:02

ah Log, thought of a trivial one to ask you now: how achieveable are the achievements?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby PonderingWalrus » 25 Mar 2013, 18:23

msbhvn wrote:
PonderingWalrus wrote:Wait, I actually have a proper question now:

It's a shame there's no New Game Plus option - you have to start again with all your powers stripped away. There is, however, 1999 Mode, which unlocks after you finish the game.

Shame on you for not reading the article properly before posting! I've never done that on here. *shifty eyes* :lol:

Whoops...

I undererererstand numbers but difficult are words.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Muppetman51 » 25 Mar 2013, 22:37

Cheers Log, very helpful and seemingly it'll be well worth an investment.
I like big BUTS and I cannot lie. Ha!
Muppetman51 36

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Mar 2013, 13:12

Cheers Log. Not sticking to their own rules is a bit of a disappointment, but on a second watch you start to realise that about Chris Nolan films and it never stopped me loving Inception.

I don't have any questions as they've all been asked, but I'm so looking forward to this now. I've got 6 days off over the next weekend and nothing to do except get through this :D
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby comabob » 26 Mar 2013, 21:23

I got a question!!

How often do unskippable cutscenes interrupt play? Obviously it wont bother me on 1st playthrough but will certainly hurt the chances of a purchase over renting..
"The boy said he's from hell. Maybe that's where we're going..."
comabob 52

Postby OXM Log » 27 Mar 2013, 11:11

Metalrodent wrote:ah Log, thought of a trivial one to ask you now: how achieveable are the achievements?

A lot of the achievements are simple kill counts with certain weapons, or styles of killing (summoning a turret through a tear, killing with a possessed turret). Not very imaginative, but easily achieved, and more impotantly, they encourage diverse play styles.

In fact, there's a real lack of imagination in the achievements. Over TWENTY "kill x by method y". "Loot 200 Containers". Perhaps this is Irrational marking their scorn for achievements, I can't say - but you will find that the game is long enough to get most of these on a single playthrough.

The ultimate challenge is 1999 Mode, without using a Dollar Bill machine. I didn't enjoy 1999 Mode at all, because of the stupid inconvenience of being kicked back to the main menu. So I won't be arsed with that.
OXM Log
OXM Staff

Postby ItchyRash » 27 Mar 2013, 14:09

OXM Log wrote:The ultimate challenge is 1999 Mode, without using a Dollar Bill machine. I didn't enjoy 1999 Mode at all, because of the stupid inconvenience of being kicked back to the main menu. So I won't be arsed with that.

Without spoiling anything is 1999 mode similar to the Brass Balls achievement in the first game and are these Dollar Bill machines the equivalent to Vita Chambers? If so I will be very interested in this. I hated the Vita Chambers. They removed any challenge through fear of dying and were especially redundant considering you could save at any time (couldn't you?).

If that's the case is 1999 mode available from the get go as I would be disappointed if I was forced to play with the would be vita chambers?
ItchyRash 42

Postby Decent_Jam » 28 Mar 2013, 11:00

ItchyRash wrote:
OXM Log wrote:The ultimate challenge is 1999 Mode, without using a Dollar Bill machine. I didn't enjoy 1999 Mode at all, because of the stupid inconvenience of being kicked back to the main menu. So I won't be arsed with that.

Without spoiling anything is 1999 mode similar to the Brass Balls achievement in the first game and are these Dollar Bill machines the equivalent to Vita Chambers? If so I will be very interested in this. I hated the Vita Chambers. They removed any challenge through fear of dying and were especially redundant considering you could save at any time (couldn't you?).

If that's the case is 1999 mode available from the get go as I would be disappointed if I was forced to play with the would be vita chambers?

Dying works differently in this game, and more cleverly I think, and there are no specific respawn locations (a la Vita Chambers).

I hope I continue to enjoy this as I continue to progress, but so far I'm impressed.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Watch Dogs, TF, BF4, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Postby ItchyRash » 28 Mar 2013, 11:16

Decent_Jam wrote:Dying works differently in this game, and more cleverly I think, and there are no specific respawn locations (a la Vita Chambers).

I hope I continue to enjoy this as I continue to progress, but so far I'm impressed.

Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Hopefully today. Scared to google 1999 mode in case I read something I don't want to
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Mar 2013, 11:20

Decent_Jam wrote:I hope I continue to enjoy this as I continue to progress, but so far I'm impressed.

High praise considering how long it took you to finish Bioshock 1 :wink:
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Decent_Jam » 28 Mar 2013, 11:44

CunningSmile wrote:
Decent_Jam wrote:I hope I continue to enjoy this as I continue to progress, but so far I'm impressed.

High praise considering how long it took you to finish Bioshock 1 :wink:

True, I did enjoy BS1 though, whenever I played it, I just think it didn't compel me enough to keep me hooked.

Fingers crossed my magpie-like attention span holds out for this one.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : Watch Dogs, TF, BF4, KI, Forza 5 - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 61

Next