to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Resident Evil: Revelations - a bite-sized return to the orig

Your comments on our articles.

OK, so the setting's a boat not a mansion - but still

As hard as this might be to believe for anyone under a certain age, there was a time when the Resident Evil games were scary. And not the way Resident Evil 6 is scary, either. Properly unnerving. Tense, jump off the sofa kind of fear.... read more

Resident Evil: Revelations - a bite-sized return to the orig

Postby msbhvn » 26 Mar 2013, 12:11

A very well respected member of another forum I frequent described Resi Revelations as the only decent Resi game of 2012 that nobody played. Nobody played it in the US because it got the dreaded AO rating, meaning advertising was restricted and most shops wouldn't stock it. Add that to it being a 3DS game that required a peripheral for the best control experience, and you get terrible sales figures.

I'm looking forward to this, as I quite enjoyed the 3DS demo, even though I didn't have a Circle Pad Pro to make the controls better.
The new first law of the internet: For every action, there is an irrational and disproportionate social media overreaction.
msbhvn 69

Re: Resident Evil: Revelations - a bite-sized return to the

Postby Tug » 26 Mar 2013, 12:33

I own this on the 3DS. I have to say, out of my 3DS games it's easily the best looking one.
The game is almost unplayable without using the circle pad add-on. The game plays well if you have it. The story is good, far better than Resident evil 5 and 6. The boss fights are done a hell of a lot better than the 5th one, I haven't played 6 enough to comment, but I assume they're similar. Couldn't recommend this enough though. Some how I don't think this will transfer well onto home consoles. The game itself isn't that big, for obvious reasons. so they will probably add cut content and extras.
The one disappointing thing is that there's no good old fashioned zombies.
Last edited by Tug on 26 Mar 2013, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Tug 27

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 26 Mar 2013, 13:09

I would like to play this but I'm really put off by the £39.99 price tag I'm seeing. As this is a re-release surely a lower price is a better way to get people to play this. Particularly those, myself included who are very wary of buying a Resident Evil after the living abortion Resident Evil 6 was.
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby GHOSTY05 » 07 Apr 2013, 18:09

Played this today at the Gadget Show live.

Brilliant game, great graphics and actually felt like a resi game!
GHOSTY05 42

Postby GHOSTY05 » 07 Apr 2013, 18:09

Johnbhoy69 wrote:I would like to play this but I'm really put off by the £39.99 price tag I'm seeing. As this is a re-release surely a lower price is a better way to get people to play this. Particularly those, myself included who are very wary of buying a Resident Evil after the living abortion Resident Evil 6 was.

Wheres that then because on amazon and GAME its £32.99!
GHOSTY05 42

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 25 Apr 2013, 23:41

GHOSTY05 wrote:Wheres that then because on amazon and GAME its £32.99!

Nearly 2 weeks between my post and your asinine reply...obviously prices change!

Idiot
Johnbhoy69 55