Battlefield 4: the first gameplay video and screenshots

Your comments on our articles.

Particle effects! Particle effects for everyone!

EA has released the first images of Battlefield 4, plus 17 minutes of unedited gameplay footage. They are, I think we can all agree, mighty pretty. And yes, that is Omar off The Wire you can see in the foreground of one shot.... read more

Battlefield 4: the first gameplay video and screenshots

Postby Neoconair » 27 Mar 2013, 07:55

PC footage I assume?
Neoconair 7

Re: Battlefield 4: the first gameplay video and screenshots

Postby Zombie Trooper » 27 Mar 2013, 09:57

Looks like it, unless the next gen consoles have an E button.

Hopefully the next gen xbox could pull off the same tricks. But why did they show a segment of the campaign, a part of Battlefield nobody really cares about (unless its Bad Company, then it is the best campaign in the genre), the campaign in BF3 felt glued onto the side, and was quite buggy, never finished it as my saves kept on corrupting. Shows us multiplayer!!!

In other news, they've completely hashed the classic battlefield tune, even more techno and garbled than the one in BF3.
Zombie Trooper 26

Postby Zombie Trooper » 27 Mar 2013, 10:11

And the amounts of destruction last seen in BFBC2 have returned!!! :lol:
Zombie Trooper 26

Postby fracturedrich » 27 Mar 2013, 10:19

Oh if that is omar do you think they will let him do that whistle noise he used to do, what used to make the drug dealers run for cover :)
fracturedrich 48

Postby Metalrodent » 27 Mar 2013, 10:22

so the trailer starts with an unskippable cutscene, followed by a slog through a grey corridor and then a fightout in a generic cityscape :roll: Got better after that but my hopes are not raised much
It looks pretty, but it also looks the same as BF3 with no real changes at all, also is it me or were the fire effects (the cars, around 5 mins in) really bad?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Metalrodent » 27 Mar 2013, 10:27

is it bad I saw the screenshot of you crying over your dying teamate and smirked? I mean by that point in the game you will have literally killed hundreds (maybe thousands) of Russians, or Chinese or whatever and then we're meant to feel emotion when one of our elite killing people finally gets hit once and fails to regenerate?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby fracturedrich » 27 Mar 2013, 12:55

Oh and a sawn off ,he better have a sawn off.I hope i can play as omar cause anyone but anyone looks the slightest bit like Mcnutty ime gonna blast his ass.
fracturedrich 48

Postby Plamsa wing » 27 Mar 2013, 15:45

Apparently it's supposed to be realistic and believable, but a man just survived not only falling from quite a few feet, but also survived a collapsing building, a building that collapsed on top of said man. Yes it seems American soldiers are supermen now, they're also fighting the chinese. Ten pounds says the chinese have a kryptonite cannon.

It's so realistic!

It's looks more or less the same of what we had with Battlefield 3 really, it's just slightly prettier. Not sure about that music at the end either, I know they want to copy cod, but jesus lay off the bass.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 27 Mar 2013, 16:20

Visuals are impressive but the gameplay is pretty generic and dull. I actually got bored watching this.

Be interesting to see how this looks on the mythical new xbox and not a high powered pc.
Johnbhoy69 56

Postby fracturedrich » 27 Mar 2013, 16:36

Whats with all the negativity,i dont understand,i for one dont want realism thats why i play games in the first place.I think the future of video games is so bright it would kill a gremlin.Sure enough it looks the bomb but its all about connective play for me.I think bf4 could be the best shooter of all time on and offline.If they use it right with the sending of challenges and the scoring system,it will give so much replay value of all your favourite games.With shooters we can expect some mind blowing online arenas with some decent amount of people on there for once.I no rpg developers are going to have a field day with the new tech,you no dragons dogma 2 and ds 2 are going to be unbelievable online and offline.It wont take as long to get the games upto scratch as it did last time.
fracturedrich 48

Postby Darkfear44 » 27 Mar 2013, 16:50

Fantastic another copy and paste, Watched the so called 17 minutes of “gameplay”… It’s not gameplay it’s a 17 minute quick time event.

Pathetic, another once great franchise monetized to the point of breaking courtesy of EA. So, it seems Battlefield has continued its inevitable slippery slope, adopting the so called “Activision” business model. For those unaware of what the model is… for your convenience…

-Take the same game, add a different number and release it as a new one, rinse and repeat. Maximize profit for minimum effort.

Instead of a beautifully orchestrated Battlefield theme, we get Rihanna…. Another corporate whore, kind of ironic when you think about it…

Why can’t they just be straight up? Admit it’s essentially battlefield 3.5 and let’s call it a day.

Quite frankly I don’t know whether to laugh or Cry…
Darkfear44 5

Postby Gazisdaman » 27 Mar 2013, 17:18

Darkfear44 wrote:Fantastic another copy and paste, Watched the so called 17 minutes of “gameplay”… It’s not gameplay it’s a 17 minute quick time event.

Pathetic, another once great franchise monetized to the point of breaking courtesy of EA. So, it seems Battlefield has continued its inevitable slippery slope, adopting the so called “Activision” business model. For those unaware of what the model is… for your convenience…

-Take the same game, add a different number and release it as a new one, rinse and repeat. Maximize profit for minimum effort.

Instead of a beautifully orchestrated Battlefield theme, we get Rihanna…. Another corporate whore, kind of ironic when you think about it…

Why can’t they just be straight up? Admit it’s essentially battlefield 3.5 and let’s call it a day.

Quite frankly I don’t know whether to laugh or Cry…

I think it's clear that EA are trying to find a way to pursue the Activision business model without seeming like they are, they have called what is essentially a copy of the previous engine Frostbite 3, in an attempt to shrug the criticism that CoD gets for using the same engine and no doubt more similarities will emerge in due time, not to mention the biennial release schedule. My only hope is that they are adding more elaborate naval combat as has been hinted at.
Gazisdaman 35

Postby GHOSTY05 » 27 Mar 2013, 18:56

From what i have read this game is out on the XBOX 360 and NOT the next gen consoles.

It states release for xbox 360 come fall, so later on this year!!!
GHOSTY05 44

Postby ThatOneGamer » 27 Mar 2013, 19:02

I am actually pretty excited for this game, I don't care that it looks like it plays very similar to BF3 I loved BF3 so why would I? Plus if everyone on here getting negative because they think it looks like another copy-n-paste well guess what, this stuff sells these kind of games are what a lot of gamers still play and will keep on playing because it maybe a copy but it's good fun still.

You'll get bored watching the gameplay I always do even with other games simply because it's about playing them, the fun is in playing them yes I stat the obvious but still, look at CoD it's aggravating yes but people still love it which is why they copy it and why it sells.

If you want a different kind of game go play some good indie games or arcade games, shit play Mass Effect, Dragon Age, El Shaddai, Catherine, Dead or Alive or even some japanese visual novels and stop wasting your time moaning about copy-n-paste games because they aren't going away any time soon and it'll save you a lot of breath.
ThatOneGamer 17

Postby bubbleblu » 27 Mar 2013, 23:42

This title actually looks NEXT GEN! Looks better than Crysis 3!
bubbleblu 2

Next