to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4 first gameplay details: squad commands, amphib

Your comments on our articles.

DICE and EA formally unveil their next generation shooter

DICE has formally unveiled Battlefield 4, the latest incarnation of its first-person shooter series, which is down for release on Xbox 360, PS3, PC and future consoles in fall 2013. The game runs on the new Frostbite 3 engine, an "evolution" rather than a wholesale rewrite of DICE's famed graphics tech, and is set once again in the present day, with the world on the brink of war between China, Russia and the US.... read more

Battlefield 4 first gameplay details: squad commands, amphib

Postby Bezza89 » 27 Mar 2013, 11:31

It's got Omar in? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit. 's'all in the game, yo!

Seriously that's amazing, he's a great actor, I'd buy it just for that alone. Not impressed by much else, squad commands sound good, but frostbite 3? Please, it's more 2.5 if anything - I don't know why they didn't call it that, we had frostbite 1.5 and that was the best one.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Re: Battlefield 4 first gameplay details: squad commands, am

Postby HNation-2552 » 27 Mar 2013, 15:59

Bezza89 wrote:It's got Omar in? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit. 's'all in the game, yo!

A man must have a code - and stalks around with a shotgun whistling a tune :P

Seriously though, BF4 is now up for pre-order via Origin direct from the battlefield website - http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/buy Do publishers know something we don't? Why make the game available for pre-order on current gen. consoles now, and then in effect re-announce it when MS finally takes the wraps off "Durango" aka the next Xbox?

It certainly gives people a choice, either continue on 360 or wait and pick it up as a next Xbox "launch title"; but it just seems weird to me - unless the next Xbox definitely isn't being released in time for Q4/Christmas this year.
HNation-2552 23

Re: Battlefield 4 first gameplay details: squad commands, am

Postby Muppetman51 » 27 Mar 2013, 18:28

Well, looks pretty good. I'd like to know if the plot will be any good. Between Modern Warfare, Operation Flashpoint and BF3 it seems like the mileage isn't there in Russian and Chinese enemies. Also, will it be better written this time round? A lot of military shooters have gone for making things go boom over a decent story. Couldn't actually finish BF3's campaign, it just seemed like the same old same old.

Apart from that, starting to get excited.
You just shot the invisible swordsman!
Muppetman51 30