to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

State of Decay - proof there's life after the Walking Dead

Your comments on our articles.

We take another look at Undead Labs' zombie survival sim

Zombies - now there's an idea that's been done to death and then reanimated. The Walking Dead rejuvenated the zombie game by simply using an undead apocalypse as the backdrop for heartbreaking storytelling, but Undead Labs has set itself a more ambitious challenge.... read more

State of Decay - proof there's life after the Walking Dead

Postby Bezza89 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:25

Cut co-op at launch... might return? Hopefully, though they are doing an mmo for xbox gert too codename; class 4 (state of decay is class 3).

Need me a release window for this one.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Re: State of Decay - proof there's life after the Walking De

Postby ItchyRash » 27 Mar 2013, 14:29

I really hope this is as good as it's sounding. Please please please. And yes. A release window would be great. Anyone got any ideas?

Don't suppose you guys will be reviewing the walking dead FPS? I know it's been panned by critics and expect it to be panned by you guys as well but your reviews of terrible games are always highly amusing. I want your take on it
ItchyRash 43

Postby Bezza89 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:36

Spring is the consensus of the internet, it has been sent to microsoft, for pre-certification;

Q: When does the game launch?

A: If I even hint at a launch date, I will be the first one to succumb to the plague. Please don't ask. I want to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. (Also, read the other sticky posts in the forum, please.)

(Edit 8/31/12: We admitted that we are targeting early 2013. That means that at this time, we're excited at how well things are coming together, and we think we can make it. Things do happen in software. Hang on, gang.)

(Edit 3/1/13: Want to know what the process is, and why I do not have a release date to give you? Check out this handy and informative post! http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthr...ll=1#post58873)

(Edit 3/11/13: I told everyone that we were in pre-certification: http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthr...-certification)

(Edit 3/18/13: There was more to pre-cert than I knew! Here is more info: http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthr...-duck-swimming)

When there is more information, this is the page that will be updated first.

Q: What is Class3, and what is Class4?

A: Class3 was the code name for the single player XBLA/PC game we're building, where you must attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse. There's a storyline, but the main part of the game is a sandbox. It is now known as State of Decay. Class4 is way, way bigger - a massively multiplayer sandbox world. We will be using your feedback on State of Decay's mechanics and systems to make Class4.

Q: Will State of Decay have co-op gameplay?

A: Not at launch. Class4 is an online world, and our hope is to offer the multiplayer options (that we have to develop for Class4) for State of Decay at a later date.

Apologies for pasting that, it's from Sanya http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthread.php?541-Faq
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby fracturedrich » 27 Mar 2013, 16:42

Bezza89 wrote:Cut co-op at launch... might return? Hopefully, though they are doing an mmo for xbox gert too codename; class 4 (state of decay is class 3).

Need me a release window for this one.

Bezza ime right with you on this one,this looks the real deal and i for one am aching to play it,ime hoping this is the game that ive been waiting for.You can ignore the story and just play,i hope they release a survival mode only.
fracturedrich 47

Postby PonderingWalrus » 27 Mar 2013, 16:59

ItchyRash wrote:I really hope this is as good as it's sounding. Please please please. And yes. A release window would be great. Anyone got any ideas?

Don't suppose you guys will be reviewing the walking dead FPS? I know it's been panned by critics and expect it to be panned by you guys as well but your reviews of terrible games are always highly amusing. I want your take on it

I actually would as well. Could it be time for another interactive review?
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby CunningSmile » 27 Mar 2013, 17:03

ItchyRash wrote:I really hope this is as good as it's sounding. Please please please. And yes. A release window would be great. Anyone got any ideas?

Didn't Ed post a photo a couple of days ago of Log reviewing this? He didn't look too happy.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 27 Mar 2013, 17:24

PonderingWalrus wrote:I actually would as well. Could it be time for another interactive review?

Well the caved to my heavy demands and reviewed it. What should I ask for next? Oh how about an answer to another question I asked about Bioshock Infinite? And a million dollars. Please
ItchyRash 43

Postby CunningSmile » 28 Mar 2013, 11:25

ItchyRash wrote:
PonderingWalrus wrote:I actually would as well. Could it be time for another interactive review?

Well the caved to my heavy demands and reviewed it. What should I ask for next? Oh how about an answer to another question I asked about Bioshock Infinite? And a million dollars. Please

From previous experience with these forums the best thing to ask for is a game. With the exception of anything related to Star Wars any time enough of us have shared a desire it's been announced a few weeks later.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 28 Mar 2013, 14:59

CunningSmile wrote:From previous experience with these forums the best thing to ask for is a game. With the exception of anything related to Star Wars any time enough of us have shared a desire it's been announced a few weeks later.

In that case. A sequel to Conkers Bad Fur Day
ItchyRash 43