to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Help me buy stuff!

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Help me buy stuff!

Postby Maverick_McCool » 28 Mar 2013, 19:09

So , after a bit of bitching and moaning NowTV have given in and supplied me with 2400 MS points.

Thing is , I don't have a clue what to get with them. Any Ideas guys and yokel? Bar Campaign of Carnage are the other two BL2 DLCs any good? Or are there some cracking XBLA games worth having a go at? The only ones I currently own are Splosion Man , Vandal Hearts and that Kefling thing so any recommendations would be welcome.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Re: Help me buy stuff!

Postby OXM ETboy » 28 Mar 2013, 19:14

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for the co-op and because it's a lovely old school action-puzzler with new school physics.

Mark of the Ninja because it's the best stealth game in years.

Trials Evolution because it's addictively simple, yet bottomless.

Limbo, Braid and Fez because they're like, the awesomest platformers ever.

No shortage of games to recommend, really.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Plamsa wing » 28 Mar 2013, 19:15

Well if you go for XBLA games, you've got a choice of either three 800 MS point games or two 1200 point games.

Either way, you've got a good amount to choose from. Not sure which games I'd go for though, depends on what you're into.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Bezza89 » 28 Mar 2013, 19:34

OXM ETboy wrote:Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, Limbo, Braid and Fez

Yes to all of these.

I had 2000 to spend myself, I spent 800 on all the walking dead episodes despite having no knowledge of the series, and have 1200 to spare. I might wait for State of Decay if I'm honest, but I am itching to spend it. Mark of the ninja I haven't played, but might.

Anyway, I wasn't just going to quote Eds ideas, I was going to say MINECRAFT.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby KernowDevil23 » 28 Mar 2013, 19:40

Shadow Complex, Monkey Island: SE, Pacman: CE DX, The Walking Dead (Season Pass), Castle Crashers, Rock Band Blitz.....

I could think of a load more but of the ones not mentioned, these stood out for me.
I don't care if a game is "the same every year." So is pizza. Stop buying the bad pizza. Buy the good pizza.
KernowDevil23 56

Postby Metalrodent » 28 Mar 2013, 19:50

Super Meat Boy, Phantom Breaker BG, Portal: Still Alive, Perfect Dark, N+, Duke Nuken 3D and Call of Duty Classic (basically the arcade games I own and would recommend)

and while I certaily agree Limbo is worth buying I would hold off buying it full price, considering I picked it up as part of a physical box containing Limbo, Trials HD and Splosion Man for like £8
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby Grummy » 28 Mar 2013, 21:09

Wait for state of Decay.

Also an option is try the first chapter of The Walking Dead and see ig you like it enough to play the rest.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Maverick_McCool » 28 Mar 2013, 21:53

Grummy wrote:Wait for state of Decay.

Also an option is try the first chapter of The Walking Dead and see ig you like it enough to play the rest.

Must of read my mind as that is exactly what I've done not 10 min ago , also dowloading the demo for Mark of the Ninja and Darkstalkers as I'm a bit of a fight nut so will prob pick that up. Also finally picked up Hearthfire and case west 520 for the pair.

Forgot I already have Limbo and the Monkey Island games. Good shouts though.

Need to remember to save 400 for the BL2 level cap next week as well. Oooohh choices choices.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby PonderingWalrus » 28 Mar 2013, 23:37

You could buy Darwinia+. Nobody else did and it was a damn shame.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby schwepterbrowser » 30 Mar 2013, 21:11

OXM ETboy wrote:Trials Evolution because it's addictively simple, yet bottomless.

Limbo, Braid and Fez because they're like, the awesomest platformers ever.

I love XBLA games and my library reflects that in telling me I have more than 100 of them ( :shock: ). Those four, however, despite being some of the (if not the) most praised games on the service I neither own or enjoy. Even after getting Limbo and Braid free on Steam I had to force myself to finish Limbo and haven't bothered playing Braid.

Strange as I tend to be fond of indie platformers… though I can't stomach Spelunky, either…
schwepterbrowser 56

Postby Bezza89 » 30 Mar 2013, 21:33

braid is overrated, but still a great game to have a play through, only in the fiendish nature of the puzzles. Ingenius one might say, frustrating another. I'm more on the latter side.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby FishyGinger » 02 Apr 2013, 09:17

I'd agree with some peoples options but most of them have free trials so i'd say download the trial of each of them and see what takes your fancy.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby CunningSmile » 04 Apr 2013, 11:43

If you want a good giggle for about 200 points try the Indie game Cthulu Saves the World. It's basically a 6 hour 8-bit JRPG taking the piss out of 8-bit JRPGs, with much breaking of the fourth wall and piss taking of genre staples.

Otherwise I'd through my vote in for the Walking Dead. Not normally a fan of point and click but this was great.
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Apr 2013, 12:38

CunningSmile wrote:If you want a good giggle for about 200 points try the Indie game Cthulu Saves the World. It's basically a 6 hour 8-bit JRPG taking the piss out of 8-bit JRPGs, with much breaking of the fourth wall and piss taking of genre staples.

I've got the game they did prior to that (Breath of Death VII), I did like it and find it amusing, but it became too much of a hard grind so I gave up
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby EmLu » 13 Apr 2013, 17:08

Hi

I am looking to buy a new game for the 360 for my boyfriend for birthday and i am a little stuck what game to get next. He plays games like Creed, Portal, COD and LA Noire. Someone in work recommended Borderlands but i am not so sure. Any ideas?
EmLu 3

Next