to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Far Cry Instincts: Predator - how a jungle FPS became a were

Your comments on our articles.

Dan revisits Ubisoft's first Far Cry game

A few months ago, Jason Brody was hangliding over the jungle, unable to decide which rare species he was going to make extinct in the pursuit of his ideal manbag. Nine years ago, Jack Carver was running through a very similar jungle, trying to avoid being made into a handbag himself. Between Far Cry 3 and Far Cry, there's a huge gap, but Instincts is the bridge.... read more

Postby Organic Carrot » 01 Apr 2013, 15:43

I enjoyed the FC: Instincts games when I was younger but they just do not come close to the sheer fun of Far Cry 3. I've played it through a couple of times now and I still love every minute of it. I just hope they can somehow replicate this excellence with what ever the next Far Cry game will be.

Personally I think the next Far Cry should be a continuation of Far Cry 3. Jason has become a withdrawn and traumatized hermit and can no longer connect with his old life and friends because of what he has experienced. He is eventually captured by Hoyt's "powerful friends" who want revenge against him but he breaks free and must explore this new island chain to find a way to escape. However, Jason is haunted by Vaas who has manifested himself as Jason's raging insanity and begins to hinder him, threatening to take him over completely. Jason must defeat his dark, deranged side to free himself of Vaas and escape not just the islands but his own troubled past.
Organic Carrot 36

Postby Dowgle » 01 Apr 2013, 22:39

I like this revisits series, keep it up :)
Dowgle 31

Re: Far Cry Instincts: Predator - how a jungle FPS became a

Postby Bongzilla1878 » 02 Apr 2013, 12:03

Organic Carrot wrote:I enjoyed the FC: Instincts games when I was younger but they just do not come close to the sheer fun of Far Cry 3. I've played it through a couple of times now and I still love every minute of it. I just hope they can somehow replicate this excellence with what ever the next Far Cry game will be.

Personally I think the next Far Cry should be a continuation of Far Cry 3. Jason has become a withdrawn and traumatized hermit and can no longer connect with his old life and friends because of what he has experienced. He is eventually captured by Hoyt's "powerful friends" who want revenge against him but he breaks free and must explore this new island chain to find a way to escape. However, Jason is haunted by Vaas who has manifested himself as Jason's raging insanity and begins to hinder him, threatening to take him over completely. Jason must defeat his dark, deranged side to free himself of Vaas and escape not just the islands but his own troubled past.

Good idea but what if you chose the other ending?

Jason wakes up and realises it was all a dream. He was never even on the island. He goes to KFC. (Hot Shots box meal if you're wondering.)
HEY EVERYONE, COME SEE HOW GOOD I LOOK.
Bongzilla1878 28