to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefield 4: DICE talks beating clich�s, connected gaming

Your comments on our articles.

Karl Magnus Troedsson chats about the first next gen Battlefield

Battlefield 4 is an interesting prospect, not entirely for good reasons. DICE's latest is pretty to the point of absurdity, with unbelievable detail lavished on every square inch of freshly exploded terrain, but it's hard to get terribly excited about the new features, which include mysterious "elements of social persistence" and a lightweight squad command system. What we've seen so far suggests a clean-up operation, dedicated in the first instance to restoring the breadth Battlefield 3 traded away, rather than an assault on new territory.... read more

Battlefield 4: DICE talks beating clich�s, connected gaming

Postby Metalrodent » 02 Apr 2013, 13:31

must be said, I find it ironic he claims they're beating gaming cliches when the only footage as yet unveiled begins with multiple minutes worth of unskippable cutscene and a grey corridor.
Also I hope that the plot turns out to be more than 'USA v China/Russia', at least have some interesting narrative, or other nationalities bumbling around.

However I am glad to see they're admitting that BF3 was restrictive, and they want to give us more choice this time round, my interest in this game has been raised.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Re: Battlefield 4: DICE talks beating clich�s, connected gam

Postby Gazisdaman » 02 Apr 2013, 13:41

I don't care about "meaningful characters", I want large scale naval combat!
Gazisdaman 35

Postby SkinnerChinner » 02 Apr 2013, 13:49

Metalrodent wrote:Also I hope that the plot turns out to be more than 'USA v China/Russia', at least have some interesting narrative, or other nationalities bumbling around.

Haven't you heard? North Korea threatened to blow up the sun! And their completely serious this time! Easily merits a starring role in the next BF game :lol:
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby FishyGinger » 02 Apr 2013, 14:02

SkinnerChinner wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:Also I hope that the plot turns out to be more than 'USA v China/Russia', at least have some interesting narrative, or other nationalities bumbling around.

Haven't you heard? North Korea threatened to blow up the sun! And their completely serious this time! Easily merits a starring role in the next BF game :lol:

Thank god, that paper is a complete waste of space.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby SkinnerChinner » 02 Apr 2013, 15:01

FishyGinger wrote: Thank god, that paper is a complete waste of space.

My thoughts exactly Fishy! :lol:
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby JOHZN » 03 Apr 2013, 06:21

Is what I want to know is whether my premium will roll over to beef 4??? Oh wait its EA that means another £80 game. And what about if i get it on 360 will my premium roll over to the Durango or am i going to be spending £160 in total on beef 3 with new guns and maps aka beef 4. I counted 21 bits of scenery from beef 3 in the beef 4 trailer. I get the feeling were all about to get ripped a new hole in our wallets.
JOHZN 19

Postby JOHZN » 03 Apr 2013, 06:22

Is what I want to know is whether my premium will roll over to beef 4??? Oh wait its EA that means another £80 game. And what about if i get it on 360 will my premium roll over to the Durango or am i going to be spending £160 in total on beef 3 with new guns and maps aka beef 4. I counted 21 bits of scenery from beef 3 in the beef 4 trailer. I get the feeling were all about to get ripped a new hole in our wallets.
JOHZN 19

Postby FishyGinger » 03 Apr 2013, 08:51

I think your main concern should be why you're playing a cow rather than a game. Of course premium won't run from 3 to 4, why should it?
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69