to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skyrim and Final Fantasy scores enter the top ten in Classic

Your comments on our articles.

Move over Mozart

The Classic FM Hall Of Fame, an annual chart compiled by listeners of the traditionally stiff-upper-lipped radio station, has recently been published, and games have managed to make their presence very much known. 2013's ranking sees several gaming soundtracks achieve their highest ever position thanks to hundreds of votes from dedicated fans generated through several passionate online viral campaigns.... read more

Postby JCHN » 02 Apr 2013, 17:18

Couldnt believe it when i heard skyrim start playing last night; the presenter sounded like he had no idea what was happening to the world. :)
Then, you look on the classic fm website on the hall of fame page for skyrim, and it is filled up with people monaing that its unfair and that it shouldnt be there, yet they dont argue about film music. What is the difference???
JCHN 56

Postby Muppetman51 » 02 Apr 2013, 17:38

JCHN wrote:Then, you look on the classic fm website on the hall of fame page for skyrim, and it is filled up with people monaing that its unfair and that it shouldnt be there, yet they dont argue about film music. What is the difference???

Nothing as far as I can tell. Considering Beethoven went deaf, Mozart was off his rocker and Paganini was accused of practicing the occult you'd have thought that they'd be a bit more open minded. Haven't played skyrim, I don't have that kind of time, but this is great news I think for games. If people are taking parts of games that seriously then it'll be an attitude that hopefully filters through to more people.

As for the complainants, who cares? There are always plenty of people who view themselves as the last bastion of taste and tradition and the only defenders of the soul of something they love. This is usually coupled with an insatiable desire to complain about anything they see as a threat. I can only assume it must be exhausting continually leaping onto their high horses but they have to have something to do, so let them go all quixotic and tilt at whatever windmills they see this week. Something new will come along soon and they'll forget all about this for another year.
Excuse me sir, but the pigs have refused to find any more truffles until you leave!
Muppetman51 39

Re: Skyrim and Final Fantasy scores enter the top ten in Cla

Postby Metalrodent » 02 Apr 2013, 21:49

thats good, Skryim had great music

(still nothings beats the Halo trilogy's music, pure unadulterated listening joy)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Tug » 02 Apr 2013, 23:50

Well deserved for the Skyrim soundtrack. I'm not sure about final fantasy as I stopped playing them after the fourth one.
It's a sin that the Halo 4 score isn't in here. Or any of the OSTs from the Halo games.
There's also the Arkham City soundtrack and the entire ME3 OST.
Tug 27

Postby ChillieBonBon » 03 Apr 2013, 00:37

Skyrim had such a great soundtrack that i'm not really surprised that its done something like this.
Halo's music is just heaven for the ears.
As for Dragons Dogma, maybe the cheesy rock didn't fit in, but it had character and that's all that matters! :)
If a cluttered desk is the sign of of a cluttered mind, what is an empty desk a sign of?
ChillieBonBon 24