to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

SEGA admits Aliens: Colonial Marines trailers were misleadin

Your comments on our articles.

ASA upholds customer complaint, disclaimers added to footage

Aliens: Colonial Marines - the controversy magnet that carries on giving. As detailed on Reddit, SEGA has conceded to the UK's Advertising Standards Agency that online demo footage for the much-maligned game doesn't "accurately reflect" its quality, following a customer complaint. As a consequence, said videos will include disclaimers from here on out.... read more

Postby SkinnerChinner » 03 Apr 2013, 12:06

Doesn't mean much to people who've already bought the game does it? Couldn't return it to the store I bought it from (believe me, I tried) as it wasn't faulty & I'd opened it/used the bonus code...

Well, I suppose a lesson was learned here, namely, don't pre-order! Won't be buying another GBX/Pritchford game again in a hurry either. :roll:
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby fracturedrich » 03 Apr 2013, 12:09

A six for this game was being kind,enough already,we all knew this was going to be bad.
fracturedrich 47

Re: SEGA admits Aliens: Colonial Marines trailers were misle

Postby Bubblebeard JS » 03 Apr 2013, 12:19

runmour has it that the money sega INVESTED IN THIS GAME (VIA GEARBOX) went on the production of borderlands 2.... :shock:
Bubblebeard JS 39

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Apr 2013, 13:15

Bubblebeard JS wrote:runmour has it that the money sega INVESTED IN THIS GAME (VIA GEARBOX) went on the production of borderlands 2.... :shock:

welcome to the party, that came out long ago
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby fishosaurus » 03 Apr 2013, 16:16

"OXM's Craig Owens scored it a dismal 6/10" Sorry, 6/10 isn't 'dismal'. In fact, 6/10 was one of the highest scores it received - not high enough to be 'money suspect', just 'judgement suspect' :-)
fishosaurus 27

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Apr 2013, 18:33

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Only £25 @ Game ! :lol:

<£10 and I'm getting it xD just teh see how bad it really is
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby SidTheSloth » 03 Apr 2013, 21:36

fishosaurus wrote:"OXM's Craig Owens scored it a dismal 6/10" Sorry, 6/10 isn't 'dismal'. In fact, 6/10 was one of the highest scores it received - not high enough to be 'money suspect', just 'judgement suspect' :-)

Have to admit i read that and had a little eye roll, undermines the whole '6-7 isn't a bad score argument' a touch. I suspect maybe it was meant in a relative way though, as in 6 for an Aliens game that could have been a 9-10 is dismal?
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby tempusfuget » 05 Apr 2013, 19:41

Its funny that Sega and gearbox cant and wont admit they failed in such a bad way, its sad, its also bad that 20th century fox has not sued there asses of for fraud of content. the fact a contract was given and not completed passing blame onto the next guy is just childish. What gearbox and Sega fail to see is that all the serious gamers and people that love the aliens movies are very serious into this kind of game and also films and passing it onto another company or small business means laziness or they had no care in doing the game in the first place arrogant could be the word for it.("" why bother with this, we are established company pass it on to the little guy"") but now gearbox and Sega have Royally annoyed lots of serious gamers waiting for this years for it to appear, and i will go about saying this, u have ruined mine and many other peoples dreams i feel waiting to play this would have been wicked game 20 century fox should pass it onto another games design company that cares for there customers.
Its in there duty to do this right,We need this game to appear the right way how the story should be, playing the game myself words could not describe my anger sick to my stomach the feeling that i have been jooped out of my £40, If i was a game design company and 20th Century Fox came to me to make Aliens Colonial Marines it would have been a Honor to make the best game ever, out of all the movies and make it as scary when i first saw alien in the 1982 when i was oldish enough still gave me nightmares but i loved it.

Sega You now suck in my eyes Gearbox i will never buy a game from you again. YOU SUCK ALSO .. :evil: :twisted:
tempusfuget 3

Postby tempusfuget » 05 Apr 2013, 19:45

i am not sure i can do this but here goes this guy has pinned my feelings to a T, this guy is how i feel..
watch it and listen...
dont buy this waste of money crap game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8
tempusfuget 3