to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Injustice: Gods Among Us demo hits Xbox Live

Your comments on our articles.

Get your hands on Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor

Warner Bros and NetherRealm have released a demo for upcoming superheroic brawler Injustice: Gods Among Us on Xbox Live Marketplace, which is exclusive to Gold subscribers. It weighs in at 459.32 MB. Hey Superman! My fist craves a prolonged and intimate rendezvous with your face!... read more

Injustice: Gods Among Us demo hits Xbox Live

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Apr 2013, 13:12

yeah I'l give this a download I think, not that i've played the last demo I got but oh well
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us demo hits Xbox Live

Postby golliwoza » 03 Apr 2013, 13:22

I had a go at this last night and I really enjoyed it for a fighting game especially the interactive environments, probably helps being a DC fan but I cannot wait for the release. Now all I have to do is memorise all these moves and everything else to save my arse getting kicked online.
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Apr 2013, 12:40

playing it now, it seems pretty decent. I have to confess I have no idea how to play (brawlers do not come naturally to me).
The combat is meaty and over the top (in the usual unrealistic way in that people can survive explosives to the face and never die) and has some spectacular moves and combos, which I dont know how to use. I did accidently manage to call in the batmobile to run someone over though, which was awesome. Graphics are decent and its nice to see a brawler with a damage model
Metalrodent 71

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 Apr 2013, 12:51

Metalrodent wrote:playing it now, it seems pretty decent. I have to confess I have no idea how to play (brawlers do not come naturally to me).
The combat is meaty and over the top (in the usual unrealistic way in that people can survive explosives to the face and never die) and has some spectacular moves and combos, which I dont know how to use. I did accidently manage to call in the batmobile to run someone over though, which was awesome. Graphics are decent and its nice to see a brawler with a damage model

I translated your comment there Rodent to read:

Attention all OXM users!! Should any of you buy this game, avoid me like the plague should i offer you a match on XBL. I have no idea what i'm doing and will randomly press buttons to demonstrate this, inevitably winning when i pull the 'move of god' out of my anus and smite your well-practised but rendered useless, avatar of futility...

I jest of course, and agree with your other points...
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Apr 2013, 13:03

SidTheSloth wrote:Attention all OXM users!! Should any of you buy this game, avoid me like the plague should i offer you a match on XBL. I have no idea what i'm doing and will randomly press buttons to demonstrate this, inevitably winning when i pull the 'move of god' out of my anus and smite your well-practised but rendered useless, avatar of futility...

that, has never happened, I have never won a online match of any brawler game, I can't even beat my friends splitscreen, as they use said button mashing to such an effect I cant get a hit in :lol:
Metalrodent 71

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Apr 2013, 14:09

Played a bit more of the demo of this today to get a bit of a second opinion. I like it generally, but something wasn't quite clicking & i was trying to put my finger on it. Having had another go with different characters i think it just feels a little sluggish/static compared to other fighters? Kind of hard to put it into words but street fighter, soul calibur, tekken all have a really nice fluidity about them that just somehow seems to be missing from this? Part of it could be lack of familiarity with the moves etc but in that case why not put the training mode in the demo? Could it be combat is deliberately made difficult in this sense to dissuade button bashing and once you learn the nuances it becomes a lot slicker? Maybe - but i chucked the AI onto top difficulty which obviously meant i got battered, but it was more to observe the enemy movement and again it felt a bit stunted. For superheroes they don't just quite have the agility and freedom i'd expect - despite the moves themselves having sufficient clout.

Going to give it another go as i really want to like this but quite hard to chuck £35 at something you're really not sure about! :|

And Rodent, LT+RT will summon the batmobile for you so you can bask in your awesomeness once again - got to build up before you can use it though!! :wink:
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Plamsa wing » 07 Apr 2013, 15:33

I'll second what Sid is saying, it does feel sluggish. The AI feels stupid too, I had it normal and hardly got hit at all, I could stop moving and the AI wouldn't move either.

I like it, but I'm not quite sure if it's worth the fill £35.

On a side note: They could have picked better characters for the demo. I'll give them Batman, but Wonder Women and Lex Luthor? It's an odd mix to have.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby SidTheSloth » 07 Apr 2013, 16:10

Plamsa wing wrote:I'll second what Sid is saying, it does feel sluggish. The AI feels stupid too, I had it normal and hardly got hit at all, I could stop moving and the AI wouldn't move either.

I like it, but I'm not quite sure if it's worth the fill £35.

On a side note: They could have picked better characters for the demo. I'll give them Batman, but Wonder Women and Lex Luthor? It's an odd mix to have.

Think they were going for diversity of movesets/character types. Superman is probably the one i most want to try but i guess that'd be the case for a lot of people so you can't blame them from holding back the main attraction?
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Metalrodent » 07 Apr 2013, 18:45

SidTheSloth wrote: For superheroes they don't just quite have the agility and freedom i'd expect - despite the moves themselves having sufficient clout.

yeah agree with this, ok I know they need to balance the game and make the characters controllable, but Batman's about epic fights and fluid agility, you have to really mash the move button just to even get him walk with slight haste

SidTheSloth wrote:And Rodent, LT+RT will summon the batmobile for you so you can bask in your awesomeness once again - got to build up before you can use it though!! :wink:

why thanks, doubt I'll ever be able to build it up enough again though xD
Metalrodent 71