to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Injustice Gods Among Us - a blagger's guide to the character

Your comments on our articles.

Bats for lashes

The demo for Injustice: Gods Among Us is now available on Xbox Live. The game's confirmed roster is a mix-up of classic characters everyone knows and a few more obscure heroes and villains that even hardcore comic book collectors may have to Google. To get everybody started, here's a blagger's guide to the stars of the demo and a few of the game's more unusual individuals. Stick with us, and you'll soon know your Clark Kents from your Kal-Els.... read more

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 03 Apr 2013, 15:02

Anyone who still thinks Aquaman's a laughing stock should try reading his new 52 run, Geoff Johns is doing a great job with the character.

As for Injustice, I'm not usually much of a fighting game fan but if I can recreate TDKR's Supes vs Batman fight I'm in.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Kiaon » 03 Apr 2013, 15:10

In injustice Batmans son ( Robin ) hasn't died yet :P and you left out a lot of characters like Nightwing, Black Adam, Shazam and the others.
Kiaon 5

Re: Injustice Gods Among Us - a blagger's guide to the chara

Postby Kiaon » 03 Apr 2013, 15:11

If you think Aquaman is good in that you should read the Injustice comics.
Kiaon 5

Postby Waffles2541 » 03 Apr 2013, 15:43

Kiaon wrote:In injustice Batmans son ( Robin ) hasn't died yet :P and you left out a lot of characters like Nightwing, Black Adam, Shazam and the others.

She mentioned only the ones that truly matter. Doubt I will be playing as any of the others if I get this game anyway. I shall give the demo a cheeky peek to see if it is appealing
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40

Postby OXM Aoife » 03 Apr 2013, 15:54

Wadium_Arcadium wrote:Anyone who still thinks Aquaman's a laughing stock should try reading his new 52 run, Geoff Johns is doing a great job with the character.

As for Injustice, I'm not usually much of a fighting game fan but if I can recreate TDKR's Supes vs Batman fight I'm in.

To be fair I have heard this, I just can't afford to add to growing monthly pile at the moment. You'd recommend then?
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 03 Apr 2013, 16:42

OXM Aoife wrote:
Wadium_Arcadium wrote:Anyone who still thinks Aquaman's a laughing stock should try reading his new 52 run, Geoff Johns is doing a great job with the character.

To be fair I have heard this, I just can't afford to add to growing monthly pile at the moment. You'd recommend then?

Definitely worth a shot. You can get the first volume with Issues 1 to 6 for about a tenner if you shop around. I wasn't a fan before I read it.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Apr 2013, 17:41

Harley Quinn looking cute? well I'm sold
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Maverick_McCool » 03 Apr 2013, 17:56

Waffles2541 wrote:
Kiaon wrote:In injustice Batmans son ( Robin ) hasn't died yet :P and you left out a lot of characters like Nightwing, Black Adam, Shazam and the others.

She mentioned only the ones that truly matter. Doubt I will be playing as any of the others if I get this game anyway. I shall give the demo a cheeky peek to see if it is appealing

Really? So Green Lantern , The Flash , The Joker , Catwoman etc don't matter? Pretty sure a lot of people would disagree but hey whatever.

Oh , that's not me having a pop at the article , but as you obviously know your stuff Aoife , lets have one on some of the more obscure characters as the first paragraph aluded to. As a fight game nut ( I think the only one on these forums ) I'd love a bit of background knowledge on some of the others as I'm not the biggest comic fan........

I mean seriously , who the hell is Hawkgirl?
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby Kiaon » 03 Apr 2013, 19:12

Heres a quick list of the others with a little background info :

Flash - ( Barry Allen ) Was a forensic scientist, parents murdered, was hit by lighting and can run..... fast.
Catwoman - ( Selena Kyle ) Super thief, sort of Batmans love interest, has a whip and meows a lot.
Cyborg - ( Victor Stone ) Football player who was badly injured in his dads lab and turned into a super bionic man.
Green Arrow - ( Oliver Queen ) Millionaire who became stranded on an island for years and learned to use a bow like a pro.
Death Stroke - ( Slade Wilson) Best mercenary on the planet and is skilled in just about everything.
Green Lantern - ( Hal Jordan ) Was a army pilot until an alien died and gave him a magical green ring.
The Joker - ( Mr. Joker) The best villain ever. Batman's Nemesis and an all out madman.
Nightwing - ( Dick Grayson ) He was robin until he had a falling out with batman but now there friends, plus he has much cooler stuff now.
Soloman Grundy - ( Cyrus Gold ) A merchant who was murdered in the 19th century when he dies he usually comes back stronger and with a different personality.
Black Adam - ( ? ) Was an Egyption super hero who became bad and was banished to a different universe. Is like an oily Superman.
Shazam - ( Billy Batson ) A young boy who was given powers by a wizard and when he shouts SHAZAM he turns into a hero.
Raven - A girl who is half demon half human and can use demon powers like going into different dimensions.
Sinestro - An alien ex-green lantern who turned bad and became.... a yellow lantern. Main enemy of Hal Jordan.
Hawk Girl - (Shiera Hall ) An sort of police alien police officer. Married to Hawkman and she has a mace and wings.

Theres still unannounced characters but thats a quick summary of current characters.
btw this is not a pop at the writer I just enjoy talking about this stuff cause im a geek :D
Kiaon 5

Postby EdDeRs1 » 03 Apr 2013, 19:33

there is one problem, Batman will always win, because he's Batman, and Batman is Batman, aka the Goddamn Batman
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Metalrodent » 03 Apr 2013, 19:37

EdDeRs1 wrote:there is one problem, Batman will always win, because he's Batman, and Batman is Batman, aka the Goddamn Batman

but what about when he's not batman?
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby EdDeRs1 » 03 Apr 2013, 20:22

Metalrodent wrote:
EdDeRs1 wrote:there is one problem, Batman will always win, because he's Batman, and Batman is Batman, aka the Goddamn Batman

but what about when he's not batman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaM_tYWBdyU BECAUSE HES THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby SidTheSloth » 03 Apr 2013, 20:38

I for one will look forward to playing this and ensuring superman punches Bats squarely and repeatedly in his stupid overrated face...

Can't wait to fight someone online who kicks my ass as Bane. I always seem to get thrashed by the git who uses the slow-ass 3 hit killer. Still having nightmares about Zangief from the 16-bit era, mate had the infuriating knack of using the hairy russian crapbag to incredible levels of unbeatableness :x
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Postby golliwoza » 03 Apr 2013, 23:05

SidTheSloth wrote:I for one will look forward to playing this and ensuring superman punches Bats squarely and repeatedly in his stupid overrated face...

Can't wait to fight someone online who kicks my ass as Bane. I always seem to get thrashed by the git who uses the slow-ass 3 hit killer. Still having nightmares about Zangief from the 16-bit era, mate had the infuriating knack of using the hairy russian crapbag to incredible levels of unbeatableness :x

Up for a few matches then? for some Baneful payback from Battlefield 3 8)

It would probably be a game that you school me in though, seeing as I am just getting to grips remembering all the hundreds of moves.
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Postby SidTheSloth » 04 Apr 2013, 09:18

golliwoza wrote:
SidTheSloth wrote:I for one will look forward to playing this and ensuring superman punches Bats squarely and repeatedly in his stupid overrated face...

Up for a few matches then? for some Baneful payback from Battlefield 3 8)

It would probably be a game that you school me in though, seeing as I am just getting to grips remembering all the hundreds of moves.

It shouldn't be a game i buy as i'm a capcom fight fan normally & I don't need any more games, but i've been following this since i saw the first gameplay vid - looks impressive! Not sure i could school anyone on a fighting game any more, gone are the hours of practice i used to have on SF2, there's just always another game that tempts me now instead of practicing! :)

I'll accept your challenge however (provided you're talking 360 and not PC), although im a bit worried i won't be able to use my fightstick - i've read people are having issues getting all the moves to work on the madcatz/capcom designed ones... I can't go back to playing a fighting game on the 360 pad, i just can't. Have downloaded the demo though so will give it a try myself tonight :x

OXM minions - any word/details on the single player stuff too? Heard there's actually some story in this one which will make an incredible change from fighting games of recent years, the SP modes seem to have been neglected for ages in favour of MP, please tell me the trend is reversed in this one? Any info about the fightsticks/compatibility gratefully received too, gracias! :)

PS: If you choose Bane Golli i'll rage-quit at the character select screen! :wink:

EDIT: Scratch the fightstick config thingy, seems the things i was reading referred to people not being able to map macros properly. Don't agree with macros for fighters anyway, that's just lame (imo of course), but if the sticks give people the option i guess i understand why they use it... :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Next