to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Witcher 3 has over 300 slightly different endings

Your comments on our articles.

CD Projekt tracks tiny aspects of player behaviour

Hear that, Mass Effect 3? Put that in your tricoloured pipe and smoke it. Speaking to Polygon (via Joystiq), CD Projekt's Adam Badowski has revealed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will track and account for over 300 minor and major variations of player behaviour when generating the game's 36 concluding "world states".... read more

The Witcher 3 has over 300 slightly different endings

Postby Gazisdaman » 04 Apr 2013, 09:59

That's all very well and good (seriously I'm ecstatic) but if it doesn't carry over into the next game then it's not really the same as mass effect, regardless I'm still hoping that the Witcher can be the game that I always wanted mass effect to be, but you know without the spaceships.
Gazisdaman 35

Re: The Witcher 3 has over 300 slightly different endings

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Apr 2013, 10:25

Most of those changes are going to boil down to "if Shopkeeper #12 still alive = economy = + 0.2%

Haha sounds good in a nerdy way, but a nice touch nonetheless lol. Hopefully it'l be more than ME3s 'do this or fail' system and wont rely on a gimmick (eg ME3 forcing you to play multiplayer) to up your chances
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby fracturedrich » 04 Apr 2013, 13:11

Ime a massive fan of the witcher and can not wait for this,i hope there are some better weapons this time around.I no its of subject but are any of you guys playing defiance,is it worth getting because i cant find much information on it anywhere.
fracturedrich 47

Postby SidTheSloth » 04 Apr 2013, 16:35

Sounds good, obviously unclear how much difference it'll make until i see it in action but i like the noises they're making. Hoping that next gen see's the whole cause/effect thing really take off in RPG's, my favourite genre by miles and what excites me most is that there's still so much room for growth/innovation.

Wouldn't like to be part of the QA team who have to test this though, suspect the memo telling them what they need to test may well self-destruct... :|
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54