to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs "align" with those of PS4

Your comments on our articles.

"Connected and social components" will define next gen leap

This news update comes to you from the front car of a speeding train, flying through English countryside for Reasons of Mystery. What could I be going to see? While you ponder, read Ubisoft Montreal boss Yannis Mallat's thoughts on the next generation Xbox.... read more

Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs "align" with those of PS4

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Apr 2013, 10:22

If they are pretty much the same then Microsoft is gonna have to work hard, so far all we know it that it'l be less powerful than PCs and has little in the way of exlusive titles
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 70
 
Posts: 4940
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Spiderless » 04 Apr 2013, 11:04

Oh golly I'm so excited by all these new 'networking' features! It'll be great to have all my fwiends on Facebook know that I just completed Assassins Creed 20 and spent 5 hours collecting all the flags!
I can't wait to always be connected to the internet, I just can't stand not being constantly up-to-date with everything all my fwiends are doing!
More than anything, I simply love totally unnecessary 'networking' features trampling all over my enjoyment of games!

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!
*vigorous clapping*
Spiderless 25
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 17:43
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Apr 2013, 11:14

Spiderless wrote:Oh golly I'm so excited by all these new 'networking' features! It'll be great to have all my fwiends on Facebook know that I just completed Assassins Creed 20 and spent 5 hours collecting all the flags!
I can't wait to always be connected to the internet, I just can't stand not being constantly up-to-date with everything all my fwiends are doing!
More than anything, I simply love totally unnecessary 'networking' features trampling all over my enjoyment of games!

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!
*vigorous clapping*


Ha :D you hate people too eh.
2 + 4 = Fish
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4263
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby SidTheSloth » 04 Apr 2013, 11:22

Come on people, lets not write MS off just yet. Admittedly i give not a toss about the networking/social shite, but as far as games/exclusives go, MS have been quiet for absolutely ages so i'm inclined to adopt a positive outlook and think that they're busy working away on some killer 720 stuff that'll have us all drooling at reveal. Think we should all give them a bit more credit and have a bit more faith to be honest, no news is good news as they say (but some news would be lovely).
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
User avatar
SidTheSloth 53
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: 14 Sep 2011, 00:59

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby SkinnerChinner » 04 Apr 2013, 11:36

Spiderless wrote:Oh golly I'm so excited by all these new 'networking' features! It'll be great to have all my fwiends on Facebook know that I just completed Assassins Creed 20 and spent 5 hours collecting all the flags!
I can't wait to always be connected to the internet, I just can't stand not being constantly up-to-date with everything all my fwiends are doing!
More than anything, I simply love totally unnecessary 'networking' features trampling all over my enjoyment of games!

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!
*vigorous clapping*


Do I detect a note of sarcasm there? :lol: *sarcasm intended*
SkinnerChinner 36
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 11:44

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 Apr 2013, 12:47

Social networking... Who cares... Seriously.
I dont share acheivements on my 360 to Facebook or twitter
as no one cares that Ive finished a game on the hardest mode
just as I dont much care to see pictures of their kids or their
goddamned dinner.
I dont need to see how my friends are doing in a game that
I also have as call me old fashioned but I like to talk to my
friends about games in person down the pub.
All this connectivity and social media interaction may delight some people but as a gamer of 20 years I really couldnt care less about it.
Johnbhoy69 54
 
Posts: 861
Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 20:29
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby msbhvn » 04 Apr 2013, 13:54

Spiderless wrote:Oh golly I'm so excited by all these new 'networking' features! It'll be great to have all my fwiends on Facebook know that I just completed Assassins Creed 20 and spent 5 hours collecting all the flags!
I can't wait to always be connected to the internet, I just can't stand not being constantly up-to-date with everything all my fwiends are doing!
More than anything, I simply love totally unnecessary 'networking' features trampling all over my enjoyment of games!

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!
*vigorous clapping*


And they say it's hard to get sarcasm across in plain text. Well done, sir!

I'm just waiting for my new toilet to arrive, which has a button you can press to instantly share a photo of your massive dump to Facebook, so people can speculate on whether or not it'll be a floater. Then when you flush, you can press the button again and share the result!

The only social stuff I want added to what's already on the 360 is screenshot and video posting like they have on Steam, and proper instant messaging for dire emergencies.
#SaveOXM
User avatar
msbhvn 68
 
Posts: 4303
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 19:10
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Thos. » 04 Apr 2013, 14:25

Meanwhile Microsoft are closing down indie games, and all developers rate XBLA as the worst possible platform on which to try and release games.

Arcade is where true innovation in gaming is happening, but Microsoft are doing their best to turn indie devs away. 'AAA' games are on the whole safe, boring and casual.
User avatar
Thos. 45
 
Posts: 656
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 09:32
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Apr 2013, 14:50

Metalrodent wrote:If they are pretty much the same then Microsoft is gonna have to work hard, so far all we know it that it'l be less powerful than PCs and has little in the way of exlusive titles


Oh why bother then? Metalrodent says there's little exclusives and it'll be less powerful than pcs even with their non-dedicated OSs! If there's anyone I trust it's some random person on the internet with no facts. :wink:

Day 78 in the big brotha house, Bezza has gone a bit mad and starts banging his head against a wall. Meanwhile, Edwin posts anotha rumour article that everyone takes as gospel.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
User avatar
Bezza89 67
 
Posts: 7578
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby FishyGinger » 04 Apr 2013, 15:08

Bezza89 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:If they are pretty much the same then Microsoft is gonna have to work hard, so far all we know it that it'l be less powerful than PCs and has little in the way of exlusive titles


Oh why bother then? Metalrodent says there's little exclusives and it'll be less powerful than pcs even with their non-dedicated OSs! If there's anyone I trust it's some random person on the internet with no facts. :wink:

Day 78 in the big brotha house, Bezza has gone a bit mad and starts banging his head against a wall. Meanwhile, Edwin posts anotha rumour article that everyone takes as gospel.


Damn you. My inner thoughts managed a whole day without going geordie and now you go and ruin it. For shame.
2 + 4 = Fish
User avatar
FishyGinger 69
 
Posts: 4263
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:42

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Metalrodent » 04 Apr 2013, 17:07

Bezza89 wrote:
Metalrodent wrote:If they are pretty much the same then Microsoft is gonna have to work hard, so far all we know it that it'l be less powerful than PCs and has little in the way of exlusive titles


Oh why bother then? Metalrodent says there's little exclusives and it'll be less powerful than pcs even with their non-dedicated OSs! If there's anyone I trust it's some random person on the internet with no facts. :wink:

Day 78 in the big brotha house, Bezza has gone a bit mad and starts banging his head against a wall. Meanwhile, Edwin posts anotha rumour article that everyone takes as gospel.

No need to insult :| They may be rumours, but they're all we have to go on at the mo and it is true that there aren't many exclusives at the moment, I never said none would be announced
Image
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
User avatar
Metalrodent 70
 
Posts: 4940
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 15:22

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Apr 2013, 17:14

Metalrodent wrote:No need to insult :| They may be rumours, but they're all we have to go on at the mo and it is true that there aren't many exclusives at the moment, I never said none would be announced


I'm not insulting you, just trying to illustrate that nobody knows anything, so don't assume anything. There might be a hundred exclusives right now. Might be none. It might shoot Piers Morgan into space. Only one thing is true; nothing is known at all until a bunch of kids dance a kinect version of the announcement. Or maybe not?
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
User avatar
Bezza89 67
 
Posts: 7578
Joined: 17 May 2010, 13:30
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby Ryder115 » 04 Apr 2013, 17:20

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Social networking... Who cares... Seriously.
I dont share acheivements on my 360 to Facebook or twitter
as no one cares that Ive finished a game on the hardest mode
just as I dont much care to see pictures of their kids or their
goddamned dinner.
I dont need to see how my friends are doing in a game that
I also have as call me old fashioned but I like to talk to my
friends about games in person down the pub.
All this connectivity and social media interaction may delight some people but as a gamer of 20 years I really couldnt care less about it.


I couldn't agree more, we don't need all this social stuff, I prefer it plain and simple like back on the origional xbox, ps2, hell even SEGA megadrive, if anyone else remembers.
Ryder115 1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 17:19
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby NobleWarrior92 » 04 Apr 2013, 18:43

Whilst all this social networking bs is a good option to have, it shouldn't be the focus of the entire marketing campaign of either of the next gen consoles. I and most people probably won't use it (although I know some who might) because at the end of the day it will probably just end up being another gimmick, and not a core component of the next console. I don't post to Facebook everything I'm doing on Xbox, because my friends don't give a damn, and would think I'm a complete tosser if I did. Microsoft, please show something that will be either truly groundbreaking or make my jaw drop, because at the moment I'm struggling to care about the next gen :|
NobleWarrior92 13
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 10 Dec 2012, 19:27

Re: Ubisoft: Xbox 720 specs

Postby juarez12 » 05 Apr 2013, 17:08

SidTheSloth wrote:Come on people, lets not write MS off just yet. Admittedly i give not a toss about the networking/social shite, but as far as games/exclusives go, MS have been quiet for absolutely ages so i'm inclined to adopt a positive outlook and think that they're busy working away on some killer 720 stuff that'll have us all drooling at reveal. Think we should all give them a bit more credit and have a bit more faith to be honest, no news is good news as they say (but some news would be lovely).

i hate ppl too it just gets in the way
juarez12 3
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 05 Apr 2013, 16:47

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Metalrodent, SilentDark and 9 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]