to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Next gen Doom 4 used to be "Call of Doom", should be "bigger

Your comments on our articles.

Project reset rumoured following id Software management problems

Id Software's long-awaited Doom 4 is being rebuilt for next generation consoles, multiple insiders have told Kotaku, following five years of mismanagement and an ultimatum from parent company ZeniMax.... read more

Next gen Doom 4 used to be "Call of Doom", should be "bigger

Postby Spiderless » 04 Apr 2013, 11:13

Shame to hear Id are in trouble, hopefully they'll pull through.
Pretty sure everyone has said it, but if RAGE's ending wasn't so shit it probably would have sold better, great game otherwise.
Be interesting to see how/if they keep Doom 4 particularly Doomy.
Spiderless 25

Re: Next gen Doom 4 used to be "Call of Doom", should be "bi

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 04 Apr 2013, 12:30

Rage was a decent game... Never finished it as the plot never really got going at all for the point in the game. I played to.

Glad they saw that copying COD would be a huge mistake. Maybe more game developers could follow this example.
Johnbhoy69 54

Postby Grummy » 04 Apr 2013, 15:48

Why does every game need to be 'bigger than Skyrim? First the guy behind Dark Souls talked about wanting to get the Skyrim audience, then CD Projekt talked about Witcher 3 needing to be bigger than Skyrim and now id with Doom? Why? All these games are popular based on what they are, why change it? Yes make Witcher 3 bigger and have more variety in it, but don't use Skyrim as a template just for the sake it. Yes make DS2 more accessible to new players and help them understand the nature of the game better, but again, don't change, stick with what brought you to the dance. As for Doom, well, Doom was always good because it was Doom. So just keep being Doom, not CoD or Rage or Skyrim, just be Doom.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 65
OXM Moderator

Postby Bezza89 » 04 Apr 2013, 16:05

It says as big as, and I thought they meant sales wise it needs to be as big as skyrim based off Rages poor in comparison sales - as you say, it's doom, it's popular, anything less is trouble for iD. I thought also that the 'skyrim audience' darksouls want is the more casual audience, as dark souls was hard and offputting, whereas skyrim is as deep as you want it to be. Witcher 3 can do what they want, I don't care for them.

And I'd agree with the publisher, show me the results, not some crap that copies off other stuff as these 'sources' claim it sounds like anyway. Call of doom... honestly, if you're calling it that internally just shoot yourselves.... lol.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby Insaneyokel » 04 Apr 2013, 20:39

Looking forward to the new doom. I enjoyed doom 3 on the old Xbox, I also enjoyed Rage, I know many people didn't but I felt that its not as bad as some make out, I just hope the new doom will have a decent multiplayer as original doom was the first game I ever played against people, we were in the library at college using the network computer, it was innocent fun :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Sandbwoy » 04 Apr 2013, 22:30

Surely they've got to mean as big as Skyrim popularity wise or sales wise. Making Doom 4's game world as big as that of Skyrim would be a monstrous task. The game itself would be epic, but we wouldn't be seeing it for a long long time, especially now they've started again from scratch. Whenever it does emerge, I'll definitely be backing it 100%.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby Maria wrona » 05 Apr 2013, 22:27

Hi I'm very interested in knowing where/ when xbox mine craft console is available to buy? :lol:
Maria wrona 1