Call of Duty Championship final: Day One

Your comments on our articles.

First update from the million-dollar Black Ops 2 final

This weekend is the final of the first Call of Duty Championship in Los Angeles, where the world's best Call of Duty players have gathered on Treyarch's doorstep to prove their dominance and win a chunk of a million-dollar grand prize pool. We've sent new writer Aoife Wilson out to see it, just to confirm that this is a job entirely glamour-free, and she'll be posting videos from each day.... read more

Postby Alaric14 » 06 Apr 2013, 10:17

Have fun swimming in all that testosterone! I wonder if the matches are more entertaining to watch than the seemingly eternal supply of commentary videos on YouTube. Or if they're equally marred by bad sportsmanship. Other than that, I enjoyed trying to keep count of Syndicate's 'likes' and watching the awkward stances of your interviewees! :D
Animator, writer, and NPC molester.
Alaric14 35

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Apr 2013, 10:30

a video of that Syndicate guy I actually managed to get through without ragequitting (must be down to you aoife :wink: ) but could he have said 'like' any more?
Also it seemed like the matches were being played on PC, furthermore Epsilon had large adverts for Raver on their tees - the heretics xD

On a more serious note, fun as CoDs multiplayer is I dont really get why its become an esport, it doesn't seem to have the tactics, strategies and skills that games like Battlefield or Halo need for a win, as most matches seem to be won by one player (although that said, when all the pros are playing together the game doubtless become more tactical)
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Re: Call of Duty Championship final: Day One

Postby RetroDad » 06 Apr 2013, 11:06

Alaric14 wrote:Have fun swimming in all that testosterone! I wonder if the matches are more entertaining to watch than the seemingly eternal supply of commentary videos on YouTube. Or if they're equally marred by bad sportsmanship. Other than that, I enjoyed trying to keep count of Syndicate's 'likes' and watching the awkward stances of your interviewees! :D

^ :lol: "It's a girl, and she's talking to us..ON CAMERA!" Syndicate needs to stop the energy drinks. Tried watching a live stream with him playing zombies. He's so hyper, checking Twitter and Youtube comments all the time. I watched some of the MLG tournament, between FaZe and Fariko. The commentating was painful. It was taken so seriously too, an example:

"Ok, ok, so now we're onboard with Temperrr from FaZe.. OMG! He's using his Balista class set-up.. Watch as he makes a play now to the window, he's going to lay down fire as the rest of the team push Fariko ba- OMG! Fariko counter with a lightning strike!! That's a game changer!! Now can Fariko put a set piece together.. YES!! Parasite from Fariko there with a double kill!"

After a match is over, the victorious team whoop, high five one another and get up in the grill of the losers. Then it's back to their sweaty controllers and vacant stares in front of their respective monitors. Rinse and repeat.
I'll state what I want to state in whatever state I happen to be in!
RetroDad 35

Postby Rewave Acid » 06 Apr 2013, 15:31

your accent................ *_*
Rewave Acid 30

Postby fracturedrich » 06 Apr 2013, 17:39

RetroDad wrote:
Alaric14 wrote:Have fun swimming in all that testosterone! I wonder if the matches are more entertaining to watch than the seemingly eternal supply of commentary videos on YouTube. Or if they're equally marred by bad sportsmanship. Other than that, I enjoyed trying to keep count of Syndicate's 'likes' and watching the awkward stances of your interviewees! :D

^ :lol: "It's a girl, and she's talking to us..ON CAMERA!" Syndicate needs to stop the energy drinks. Tried watching a live stream with him playing zombies. He's so hyper, checking Twitter and Youtube comments all the time. I watched some of the MLG tournament, between FaZe and Fariko. The commentating was painful. It was taken so seriously too, an example:

"Ok, ok, so now we're onboard with Temperrr from FaZe.. OMG! He's using his Balista class set-up.. Watch as he makes a play now to the window, he's going to lay down fire as the rest of the team push Fariko ba- OMG! Fariko counter with a lightning strike!! That's a game changer!! Now can Fariko put a set piece together.. YES!! Parasite from Fariko there with a double kill!"
I would love that on one of my games,now were on board with fractured..OMG he has the worse k/d ratio in the world,fractured gets shot,has he even got his pad plugged in,etc.
After a match is over, the victorious team whoop, high five one another and get up in the grill of the losers. Then it's back to their sweaty controllers and vacant stares in front of their respective monitors. Rinse and repeat.
fracturedrich 48