to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

This was a triumph: Xbox 360's most creative credit sequence

Your comments on our articles.

It's not over till the fat AI sings

Once upon a time the credits signalled the end of the game - and were the place where the game developers finally got their chance to shine (if people hadn't already switched off by that point). Now they're just an excuse for more fun. Here are our favourites.... read more

This was a triumph: Xbox 360's most creative credit sequence

Postby michaelhill2110 » 06 Apr 2013, 11:32

the during/after credits "epilogue" is starting to be more and more popular. before it was rather safe to skip the credits and start your new game+, change disk, grab a coffee etc. now though your at risk of missing anything from an amusing side note to a major plot twist. even in movies its starting to become more common to see the teaser of a sequel once the stars-assisstants-makeupartists-hairdressers name rolls through. its a clever way to try to make sure the people who work for it get recognition.
michaelhill2110 35

Re: This was a triumph: Xbox 360's most creative credit sequ

Postby Bezza89 » 06 Apr 2013, 11:42

Bioshock infinite has a nice video of the main characters duet extended - with Bookers voice guy actually on guitar, and they're being directed by Ken Levine who says they're doing it too professionally, he wants it more amateurish... ha I loved that! It's also worth noting that them arguing over the lines is apparently how they did the entire game, changing lines now and then to make it more realistic dialogue wise. Apparently...
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Metalrodent » 06 Apr 2013, 11:44

the Hitman link is wrong, it plays another Batman vid (and to be picky the batman subtitle should be in bold)

May I also suggest F3AR - while the game is average and slightly pisses on the legacy of the first 2 its worth it just for the post credits vid of Alma appearing to Fettel, followed by one of the nastiest killings sprees ever animated
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM ETboy » 06 Apr 2013, 11:59

I have smited those errors with the mighty blade of Fixxor.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby PaladinRonin » 06 Apr 2013, 12:15

The AC II ending was really fun to play as the credits role, I think more credits should be like that. I also liked the MW2 ending credits, clever idea. The Bayonetta one, however, I am not surpised to find. What a pointless game and stupid ending for the pure novelty of bad fan service.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 32

Postby SidTheSloth » 06 Apr 2013, 12:47

PaladinRonin wrote:The Bayonetta one, however, I am not surpised to find. What a pointless game and stupid ending for the pure novelty of bad fan service.

I'm guessing Ed fainting is the reason you've yet to be banned for that comment - pretty sure it's one of his favourite games this gen alongside Mirrors Edge? :wink:

Ironic really why we haven't had a gameplay vid of him yet at it - Bayonetta can be pretty tough, Ed tells us regularly of his ineptitude at games, yet we've yet to see this car crash take visual form...? Maybe you could do a 60 second vid Ed like the curly-haired deserter did with Spelunky? :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby michaelhill2110 » 06 Apr 2013, 13:58

whats with the change of sub heading? from fat AI singing (addmitedly i was confused at the idea of GLaDOS being fat) to thin lady dancing?
michaelhill2110 35

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Apr 2013, 21:57

PaladinRonin wrote:The Bayonetta one, however, I am not surpised to find. What a pointless game and stupid ending for the pure novelty of bad fan service.

Strike him down, Kamiya, he maketh a mock of thy creation. Strike him 100000 times, then kick him into an Iron Maiden for good measure.

SidTheSloth wrote:Ironic really why we haven't had a gameplay vid of him yet at it - Bayonetta can be pretty tough, Ed tells us regularly of his ineptitude at games, yet we've yet to see this car crash take visual form...? Maybe you could do a 60 second vid Ed like the curly-haired deserter did with Spelunky? :)

I'd like to do more Let's Plays, but our video-grabbing equipment is a contorted mess and we're obliged to fight other mag/site teams for the use of it. Matt got round round the second problem by solving the first - he was/is the only writer/editor who understood/understands how the hell everything works. One of these days I'll chain Video Guy Gav to a pipe and make him explain the whole process.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby OXM ETboy » 07 Apr 2013, 21:58

michaelhill2110 wrote:whats with the change of sub heading? from fat AI singing (addmitedly i was confused at the idea of GLaDOS being fat) to thin lady dancing?

It's two for the price of one - article subheading didn't make sense with a Bayonetta carousel image, so I wrote a new line using my fantastic broken imagination.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby PaladinRonin » 08 Apr 2013, 11:17

OXM ETboy wrote:

Strike him down, Kamiya, he maketh a mock of thy creation. Strike him 100000 times, then kick him into an Iron Maiden for good measure.

SidTheSloth wrote:Ironic really why we haven't had a gameplay vid of him yet at it - Bayonetta can be pretty tough, Ed tells us regularly of his ineptitude at games, yet we've yet to see this car crash take visual form...? Maybe you could do a 60 second vid Ed like the curly-haired deserter did with Spelunky? :)

I'd like to do more Let's Plays, but our video-grabbing equipment is a contorted mess and we're obliged to fight other mag/site teams for the use of it. Matt got round round the second problem by solving the first - he was/is the only writer/editor who understood/understands how the hell everything works. One of these days I'll chain Video Guy Gav to a pipe and make him explain the whole process.

I like the idea of Let's Play from the OXM team, but I didn't know you had to share your equptment with other sites and mags. Do you share an office with Offical Playstaion, albeit, with a Korea-style border patrolled by a coalition of Altari and SGEA? :3
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 32