to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

343: Halo "certainly has the potential" for micro-transactio

Your comments on our articles.

"If it's something we think our community is going to enjoy, it's something we'll seriously talk about."

343's Dan Ayoub reckons charging teensy-tiny amounts for items in Halo isn't entirely beyond the bounds of possibility, in light of the success of Gears of War's weapon skins. Given previous responses to reports of micro-transactions in games, the rest of this news post will be written beneath my desk. Don't shoot the messenger, Spartans.... read more

Re: 343: Halo "certainly has the potential" for micro-transa

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 08 Apr 2013, 15:20

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Dan Ayoub 343i "it's something we think our community is going to enjoy, it's something we'll seriously talk about."
Our community ? What community ? :roll:

Like most of the Halo community I know: I have completed the campaign on Legendary, completed Spartan Ops am SR130 and I'm sick of waiting for BTB Objective! So have now moved on from this BROKEN multiplayer. :(

343i congratulations on making the 'Halo community' so small the game is now at number 5 in the Xbox live activity list ! :cry:

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/06/live- ... april-1st/

How is it broken exactly?

I've clocked a fair few hours on the multiplayer now and I fail to see how it's unplayable.

And is the most played statistic really surprising? Call of Duty dominates the online market at the moment and both Fifa and Minecraft are hugely popular titles. Even if the game was flawless, I don't see how it would be above them.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby FishyGinger » 08 Apr 2013, 15:29

Wadium_Arcadium wrote:How is it broken exactly?

I've clocked a fair few hours on the multiplayer now and I fail to see how it's unplayable.

And is the most played statistic really surprising? Call of Duty dominates the online market at the moment and both Fifa and Minecraft are hugely popular titles. Even if the game was flawless, I don't see how it would be above them.

I played it awhile back and although it isn't quite my cup of tea on multiplayer it ran fine for me, I shot people and people shot me. Much like Reach and much like the others before that. Ran fine though, no disconnects or lag or anything. Maybe my definition of 'broken' is broken though.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 69

Postby PonderingWalrus » 08 Apr 2013, 16:23

What would I pay extra for in Halo 4? Well I'm not saying I wouldn't dabble in micro-transactions but screw it...

Give us Firefight! I've been throwing money at my screen for a while now and it still hasn't appeared in the menus.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Apr 2013, 16:40

FishyGinger wrote:
Wadium_Arcadium wrote:How is it broken exactly?

I played it awhile back and although it isn't quite my cup of tea on multiplayer it ran fine for me, I shot people and people shot me. Much like Reach and much like the others before that. Ran fine though, no disconnects or lag or anything. Maybe my definition of 'broken' is broken though.

he only considers it broken because they changed it
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Apr 2013, 19:01

you have some good points I admit but 5th in the charts isn't that bad, especially as the games above it are always popular. When it goes down to 10 then it can be said it has significally dwindled.
Metalrodent 70

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 08 Apr 2013, 20:38

You've definitely made some decent points MasterChief (or should I call you John?) but would you really say it was better than Reach? For me Reach was the poorest of the series online so far - the maps were uninspiring (far too many Forge maps) and I was never a fan of bloom.

I have to say I don't think the kill streak rewards have been that detrimental to the game. There's no doubt they've taken inspiration from COD but it still feels like Halo even if it has evolved slightly. I can't understand why you'd see being able to join games after they've started as a bad thing, I was always frustrated with that in previous games after, say two co-op players on my team left. I don't see sprint or killcams as complaints either (both worthwhile additions), but hey, that's just my opinion.
"The lord of silver fountains, the king of carven stone. The king beneath the mountain shall come into his own. And the bell shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."
Wadium_Arcadium 38

Postby Metalrodent » 08 Apr 2013, 21:03

Hm I must say sprint was a great edition, especially for the larger maps (what bugs me is it, like most games it's really short lived - some super soldier xD)
Metalrodent 70

Postby Wadium_Arcadium » 08 Apr 2013, 21:32

Metalrodent wrote:Hm I must say sprint was a great edition, especially for the larger maps (what bugs me is it, like most games it's really short lived - some super soldier xD)

Spartans are heavy smokers.
Wadium_Arcadium 38