to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

WRC Powerslide

Your comments on our articles.

A milestone for XBLA racers, or just another also-ran?

This might sound strange, but the first thing you notice about WRC Powerslide is the camera angle. It presents an elevated view of the action, as if being filmed by a Greylag Goose making its approach to land.... read more

WRC Powerslide

Postby Xu En » 09 Apr 2013, 12:04

Interesting - it's stuff like this (and not Halo/Gears) that could really make sense on a (rumoured) $99 xbox stingray - this is proper mass market stuff - not geeky, bro-ish, or embarrisingly candy-kiddified.

Still needs a xbox live model that allows people without xbox-live-gold to access their already paid for stuff (ie netflix, lovefilm) as well as the internet - then MS will have achieved the goals they set out to.

There's always going to be a limited market for a service that requires payment to "unlock" services that microsoft don't provide - eg "the internet", "iplayer", etc etc. Kill that troll under the bridge and it's mission complete.
Xu En 18

Re: WRC Powerslide

Postby Metalrodent » 09 Apr 2013, 12:13

You can't turn power-ups off without removing collisions

sadly I lost interest upon reading that
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby OXM Jonty » 09 Apr 2013, 12:58

I didn't realise this until Mike "filthy traitor" Channell pointed it out, but it's basically using a chase camera on last year's WRC game and maps. Which is quite a crafty way to make a game on a budget, although obviously not entirely successful.
Editor

Email: jon.hicks@futurenet.com
Xbox Live: OXM Jonty
OXM Jonty
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 09 Apr 2013, 18:07

Cheers gents, could you change the score to a 10 for a few days though so i can get people to buy it? Reckon it'd still be a larf in MP, if the scenery gets in your way it does for the others too etc. Are the power ups crap then, a la F1 Race Stars? Can't think of why you'd want to turn them off otherwise? Surely if you wanted to do normal racing you'd buy the full WRC game?! :|

Careful throwing stuff like that around too Jonty, we don't need EA/Activision getting any more ideas...! :wink:
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54