to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Halo 4: Castle Map Pack

Your comments on our articles.

Another trio of quality layouts, now with added roadkill

Schooled by the interplay between Battlefield 3's Close Quarters and Armored Kill DLC, my first thought on hearing about Halo 4's Castle map pack was that it would be an exercise in raw vehicular overkill, designed to counterbalance the on-foot jollies of the Crimson and Majestic packs. Turns out it is and it isn't. Oh, there are more Warthogs and Banshees on offer than in the average Halo 4 map, but if you're thinking of rampaging around like an elephant in a kindergarten, think again.... read more

Halo 4: Castle Map Pack

Postby Tug » 09 Apr 2013, 22:45

800 MP is quite a dear price tag for what you actually get in these map packs.
It makes me happy that I get them all for free.
They should re-release Coagulation, Lockout, Headlong and possibly Ivory Tower. Would be nice to play those maps with the Halo 4 engine and updated graphics.
Tug 27

Re: Halo 4: Castle Map Pack

Postby Metalrodent » 10 Apr 2013, 12:54

Playing them now, they seem pretty decent - lots of space with room to manouver and be tactical

and the decision to bring back the X death marker was such a good one

Achievements are little bastards though, I completly failed to get any of the Majestic ones, and probably wont be able to get them anyway. Should never lock achievements to certain maps
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Halo 4: Castle Map Pack

Postby PonderingWalrus » 10 Apr 2013, 22:11

Tug wrote:800 MP is quite a dear price tag for what you actually get in these map packs.
It makes me happy that I get them all for free.
They should re-release Coagulation, Lockout, Headlong and possibly Ivory Tower. Would be nice to play those maps with the Halo 4 engine and updated graphics.

SANDTRAP!!!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42