to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Xbox Live hit by connection problems

Your comments on our articles.

Microsoft presumably looking into it

Xbox Live is down with case of the digital measles, people, which is bad news if, like me, you're trying to get a game going in MMO shooter Defiance. Yesterday I said I'd give the latter a shot for the purposes of some diary pieces. Presumably, this evening's connection woes are karmic retribution of some kind.... read more

Xbox Live hit by connection problems

Postby Metalrodent » 09 Apr 2013, 23:08

be a real shame if say, peoples L4D2 sessions got interrupted :wink:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Xbox Live hit by connection problems

Postby SilentDark » 09 Apr 2013, 23:29

In light of this little niggle I hope Adam Orth remembers what he said regarding the Next Box, because this little problem could possibly just have completely torpedoed his arguement. Fortunately for me I am very anti social so this won't really affact me too much.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby SidTheSloth » 09 Apr 2013, 23:31

Metalrodent wrote:be a real shame if say, peoples L4D2 sessions got interrupted

As it was, we didn't have any connection problems weirdly...

As such it was a very enjoyable game with 3.5 'growed ups' and not a shouting/screaming teen in sight - pure zombie based bliss! :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby PonderingWalrus » 10 Apr 2013, 09:41

ghost whistler wrote:
SilentDark wrote:In light of this little niggle I hope Adam Orth remembers what he said regarding the Next Box, because this little problem could possibly just have completely torpedoed his arguement. Fortunately for me I am very anti social so this won't really affact me too much.

That's not what always on means.

Whether you play on or offline modes, the console still needs to be online. That's why people hate always on drm.

I'm not quite seeing what you are correcting him on. His comment never gave me the impression he didn't know what always online means. But then again, I cannot remember what Adam Wotshisface said.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby SilentDark » 10 Apr 2013, 12:07

ghost whistler wrote:
SilentDark wrote:In light of this little niggle I hope Adam Orth remembers what he said regarding the Next Box, because this little problem could possibly just have completely torpedoed his arguement. Fortunately for me I am very anti social so this won't really affact me too much.

That's not what always on means.

Whether you play on or offline modes, the console still needs to be online. That's why people hate always on drm.

The problem here doesn't have a very far reaching effect because the 360 can operate without an internet connection, since these connection is always two ways, the problem in this case is on Microsoft's end. If the Nextbox requires a constant connection with MS servers to function then a problem like this would have much further reaching consequences for everyone who owns one. Although I'm not a network expert this was kind of the point I was getting at. And maybe next time I'll learn to actually spell affect. :oops:
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby fracturedrich » 10 Apr 2013, 13:04

SidTheSloth wrote:

As such it was a very enjoyable game with 3.5 'growed ups' and not a shouting/screaming teen in sight - pure zombie based bliss! :)

I really like the sound of that game,that right there is what it's all about.
fracturedrich 47

Postby CunningSmile » 10 Apr 2013, 13:11

SidTheSloth wrote:

You had half a person playing? Didn't that get rather messy with all the massive loss of blood?
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SidTheSloth » 10 Apr 2013, 13:38

CunningSmile wrote:
You had half a person playing? Didn't that get rather messy with all the massive loss of blood?

More a mental thing... With me, Bezza & Plasma on the team you could quite easily say we're all a bacon sandwich short of a picnic so combined we make about 2.5 people i think - at least in grown up terms? Yokel gets the benefit of the doubt. For now.

And yes, very enjoyable if not frustrating game. The main thing is even when we failed we were having fun which is more than can be said for a lot of online/MP games.
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54