to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

BioWare's new IP is "amazing", EA gives us "complete creativ

Your comments on our articles.

But you "have to focus on the bottom line"

Dr. Greg Zeschuk used to be BioWare's big cheese, but nowadays he writes about beer for a living. Don't know about you, but I'd certainly patronise a real ales bar run by Zeschuk. Just think of the tales you'd hear over a glass of unbearable fluid. Stories about Mass Effect 3's ending. Stories about how BioWare evolved from the pre-eminent RPG company to a somewhat bashful standard bearer for proportional representation in videogame plots. And of course, stories about currently undisclosed projects, such as the next generation Mass Effect sequel or BioWare's new IP, announced the day Zeschuk and co-founder Dr Ray Muzyka announced their resignations.... read more

BioWare's new IP is "amazing", EA gives us "complete creativ

Postby Metalrodent » 10 Apr 2013, 12:11

complete creative freedom eh? Nice to read some good stuff about EA for once (although as article mentions, quite possibly a favourable treatment think).
Not that bothered about DA3, but here's hoping they can come up with something excellent with is new IP
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 70

Re: BioWare's new IP is "amazing", EA gives us "complete cre

Postby SilentDark » 10 Apr 2013, 12:34

Bioware certainly did enjoy favourite status at EA, if their name didn't carry the weight it did they would have been cannibalised a long time ago. I wonder if the Westwood guys would agree with them.

And diverse alien races? Because for me most of the races fell under "stock alien races" for me at any rate.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 63

Postby Insaneyokel » 10 Apr 2013, 12:56

Am a fan of bioware so looking forward to seeing what they produce, even the much maligned DA2 wasn't as bad as some rpg's out there
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Plamsa wing » 10 Apr 2013, 13:29

Unfortunately their "complete creative freedom", depends on how much money EA wants to throw at them.

I've said it before, just give me a story heavy, single-player, open-galaxy Mass Effect. Set before ME 1 or maybe between 1 and 2, a choice of races to play as, Origins style origins for each race and heavy in-depth exploration, non of that planet scanning crap and I think you'd be on to a winner.

I can't see it happening though, as much as I'd like it to, but sadly I though both Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 lacked that Bioware touch, a touch I just don't think they'll be able to get back before it's too late.
The bitterns are doing it for me.
Plamsa wing 56

Postby Bezza89 » 10 Apr 2013, 21:16

I'm really looking forward to this, every new IP by bioware is amazing. KotoR - Jade Empire (I'm not even a fan of that, but recognise quality) Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins, and me personally I love the sequels they've done, if a little shallow in places. But DA3 sounds great and has 3 times the development time of DA2 already, and this new IP could be phenomenal, with no one moaning about lost features because there is nothing before it to have been lost.
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby Drainwater » 10 Apr 2013, 22:36

Bezza89 wrote:I'm really looking forward to this, every new IP by bioware is amazing. KotoR - Jade Empire (I'm not even a fan of that, but recognise quality) Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins, and me personally I love the sequels they've done, if a little shallow in places. But DA3 sounds great and has 3 times the development time of DA2 already, and this new IP could be phenomenal, with no one moaning about lost features because there is nothing before it to have been lost.

I agree. I've liked all their IPs (except Mass Effect, but they had to have been doing something right to sell 3 of the things) and I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for their new one.
Drainwater 35