to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Terraria Diary Day #1: All is Lost

Your comments on our articles.

Aoife sets out into a cuboid wilderness

Squares! Squares everywhere! My kingdom for a circle; a friend without sharp edges. I had once thought of corners as snug, comforting things - how they mock me now. Before my eyes not a sea of right angles, but an expanse of wrong ones.... read more

Terraria Diary Day #1: All is Lost

Postby fracturedrich » 10 Apr 2013, 13:01

Sounds a bit like my first half hour apart from i was to scared to dig straight down as in minecraft, i never ever came back up.I stayed on the surface for my first day collecting as much wood as possible.I found out that ime not very good at this game and my friend advised it does take a bit of getting used to.After some time on a terraria forum i was told that the zombies spawn at night on a blood moon and from what ive seen they are the least of our worries.
fracturedrich 47

Re: Terraria Diary Day #1: All is Lost

Postby Tonezz » 10 Apr 2013, 15:57

Starting out in hard mode isn't going to help you out too much! :D
Tonezz 13

Re: Terraria Diary Day #1: All is Lost

Postby PCG The_B » 10 Apr 2013, 20:53

Even though it's entirely understandable, I'd hazard advising against digging at first upon starting a new world myself. It's actually a good idea to explore the natural tunnels and caves first, firstly because they often have chests with useful goodies in, but they also help do make progress and remove some of the tedium if you don't know which direction to dig as they give you a direction to aim for, so you dig really more for minerals rather than as a method of exploration.

I've just defeated the Wall of Flesh in my own first world myself, which has in turn unlocked Hardmode for the world (as opposed to hard mode for the character) - it's a tough and scary place. WITH DEADLY UNICORNS CHASING ME.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66