to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

First Dark Souls 2 trailer reveals new locations and enemies

Your comments on our articles.

Tanimura reveals all

The Dark Souls game director Yui Tanimura has revealed a new gameplay trailer, replete with impressive new locations, new more-aware, more intelligent enemies and gruesome deaths. Oh and a giant skeletal dragon. Eek!... read more

First Dark Souls 2 trailer reveals new locations and enemies

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 11 Apr 2013, 11:42

Yes! Looks awesome so far, the difficulty seems to be on the same level as DS. Enemies having a solution for the backstabbing tactic is a nice addition also. A few things I really hope they add are roaming enemies. As much as I love DS it has become pretty boring knowing where every enemy is. Maybe they could make the layouts different to each location each time in a similar way as Phantasy Star Online or Dark Cloud did but as this is one big connected world I doubt it. Maybe in DS3, if there is one.

On another note, Is anyone actually ready for a next gen console? The current gen game lineup is still looking pretty damn strong.
Dark Souls 2, Batman Arkham Origins, Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2, Final Fantasy Lightning Returns, Dragons dogma Dark Arisen. I'm way more excited about these games than a new console.
Johnbhoy69 55

Re: First Dark Souls 2 trailer reveals new locations and ene

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Apr 2013, 11:47

Johnbhoy69 wrote:On another note, Is anyone actually ready for a next gen console? The current gen game lineup is still looking pretty damn strong.
Dark Souls 2, Batman Arkham Origins, Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2, Final Fantasy Lightning Returns, Dragons dogma Dark Arisen. I'm way more excited about these games than a new console.

I think several of those will end up as cross gen launch titles, but I agree that there definately seems to be life in the old girl yet. The end of a cycle when developers give up on getting the best graphics and start producing games with actual plots tends to be my favorite period anyway.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Apr 2013, 12:13

I no it will be good and dark souls ranks as my number one game of all time.In fact ive been through dark souls 5 times and still enjoy playing it today,i even went and bought a brand new ps3 slim for the easter holidays just so i could play demon souls.So ime looking forward to this game more than any other.I cant help but think that it wont be as good as dark souls because i knew nothing at all about that game before i played it.In fact it sat in the store for a couple of months before i purchased it.When i bought it home i played it for a couple of hours and could not beat the first boss so i gave up.It was almost a month before i returned with my old school determination of never give up no matter how much you die attitude,which alluded me my first time.This time after a few deaths i managed to get past him,that is where my journey started and words cant explain where the next month or two went.I have more friends on my xbox from playing dark souls than any other and you cant even voice chat.I still join them for co op and pvp now.I hope that ds 2 is as good in this repect from the looks of it,it could be better.I hope they have really improved the ai to make you think more instead of knowing the routines.Ime glad to see the bonfires are back as i miss them when playing demon souls.I think demon souls is harder as there is no one playing to help you.I hope that ng+ is there as i enjoyed the second play more than the first.
fracturedrich 47

Postby kronk10 » 11 Apr 2013, 12:38

all i can say is

SHIT JUST GOT REAL
kronk10 44

Postby fracturedrich » 12 Apr 2013, 12:38

That is why ime looking to next gen, more than anything we need smart ai.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Dave2123 » 10 May 2013, 06:08

Love how you just nicked the video from IGN, lol.
Dave2123 29