Rumour: four next gen Xbox launch titles.

Your comments on our articles.

Titles include Ryse, new Forza, a zombie game and a Pixar-style family game.

Crytek's Roman-era punch-'em-up Ryse and Microsoft's own next-gen Forza are both rumoured to be launch titles for the putative and unconfirmed (but daft if it doesn't happen) next generation Xbox (itself rumoured to be announced at the end of May.)... read more

Postby CunningSmile » 11 Apr 2013, 15:45

Yay zombies! Because that's exactly what we need to showcase just how new and original next gen gaming can be :roll:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby battfink83 » 11 Apr 2013, 15:47

id say a new forza as a launch title would be pretty much a cert after sony's drive club anouncment
battfink83 54

Re: Rumour: four next gen Xbox launch titles.

Postby fracturedrich » 11 Apr 2013, 16:34

Forza is my favourite driving game,forza 4 not that rubbish they bought out last.
fracturedrich 48

Postby Maverick_McCool » 11 Apr 2013, 16:43

CunningSmile wrote:Yay zombies! Because that's exactly what we need to showcase just how new and original next gen gaming can be :roll:

Couldn't agree more , sick of zombies , also , how is a zombie game coming out in maybe a year at least going to go head to head with a game that will be a couple of years old by then , you might as well say it'll be going head to head with Dead Rising.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby Decent_Jam » 11 Apr 2013, 17:18

As much as zombies are a tad stale it'd be hard not to love Left 4 Dead 3 - though with Valve in charge of that particular franchise it seems highly unlikely.

Here we are commenting on rumour and speculation again, but I have to say none of those compel me.

Halo 5, which we know is coming, probably will though, not to mention Destiny.
Decent_Jam

Game: GT - "Decent Jam"
Tweet: @James_Parry
Email: jamesmparry87@gmail.com
Site - This Is Entertainment: http://jamesmparry.wordpress.com/

Playing : MCC, Sunset O, Destiny, TF, Forza 5, KI - head to OXM Nights to meet up.
Decent_Jam 63

Postby Captain_Chao5 » 12 Apr 2013, 09:03

MasterChiefJ117 wrote:Microsoft are going to have to do something really special on May 21st to get me excited again at the prospect of a new Xbox !

I'm with you on this. I really like Forza, but let's face it...the graphics are not exactly crap on Forza 4. I want to see games that make me drool, not tweaked versions of existing titles.
You don't stop playing because you get older; you get older because you stop playing.

GT = Captain Chao5 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One
Captain_Chao5 58

Postby Dave2123 » 13 Apr 2013, 15:02

I've never played Forza - I never buy car games but love them when I get given one or when i play them at a friends. I might look in to it if i get the next Xbox. We do need original games and new IPs, which can show off what the new consoles can do, but not like combat evolved; it's, personally, the worst game I've ever played and the other Halo games are essentially the same or that's the way it's seems in videos and when I've played them. I know there are lots of people who would disagree, but they suffer from "COD syndrome" - basically the same game with nicer graphics, different stories and locations (you could argue that for most sequels). That being said I do quite like COD, although I prefer longer, open world games with a bit of challenge. That latter point, however, is unfortunately hard to come by these days. Trying to fulfill AC3's optional objectives resulted in me having to stop and have a think about how i was going to tackle the mission, but that's the only one. Personally, I'm looking forward to AC4, Splinter Cell, Thief and Watch Dogs - doing Splinter Cell in ghost style should be a nice challenge.
Dave2123 29

Postby hazy33 » 13 Apr 2013, 22:17

Forget Forza! Not that it's a bad games just a bit dry, although nowhere here as dry as GT5.
No hopefully the rumours are true and we'll have a new Project Gotham Racing. Nothing better than driving around actual cities...bring back Edinburgh!
hazy33 25

Postby Insaneyokel » 13 Apr 2013, 22:39

I know there is no possibility but a new elder scrolls game, that would certainly show off graphical capabilities of the new machine :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Apr 2013, 22:40

Insaneyokel wrote:I know there is no possibility but a new elder scrolls game, that would certainly show off graphical capabilities of the new machine :D

pretty sure they're busy working away on Fallout 4 at the mo (athough that could also offer some impressive sights), so yeah unlikely to see a new TES game for a while
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Insaneyokel » 13 Apr 2013, 22:41

I can but wish though :D
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Apr 2013, 22:44

well there is The Elder Scrolls online, dunno if thats for console though (or if its even gonna be any good lol)
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Insaneyokel » 13 Apr 2013, 22:51

By the looks its going to be pc only which is a shame as have to watching the videos about the game avidly :(
Insaneyokel 48

Postby GHOSTY05 » 16 Apr 2013, 12:03

Personally i got bored of forza after Forza 3!

Not interested in car games anymore, i want Dead Rising 3 on launch day, i want games i can pick up and play without too much fussing about.

A new Resident evil 7 would be nice, but to be honest i will probably be to busy playing GTA5 on my 360 to really care.

What i would like them to do is give us console players some decent strategy games, i want to play SIM CITY on my xbox 720, i want flight simulators, i want RTS war games such as shogan total war or strategy such as civilisation or age of empires.

I am tired of the same old games, give us some more PC stuff on these new consoles.
GHOSTY05 43