to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Battlefront 3 footage finally re-emerges

Your comments on our articles.

As Ed has previously written, LucasArts canned an effectively finished game when they killed Battlefront 3.... read more

Battlefront 3 footage finally re-emerges

Postby PonderingWalrus » 11 Apr 2013, 16:35

Such a waste... :cry:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Re: Battlefront 3 footage finally re-emerges

Postby JCHN » 11 Apr 2013, 16:44

Kotaku posted a report on this yesterday. Apparently, this isnt the original battlefront 3 that got cancelled. It is actually a new game that was going to turn into battlefront 3 that was being developed alongside first assault until lucasarts got killed by the idiots at disney. :(
JCHN 56

Postby GallifreyDog » 11 Apr 2013, 16:50

I really, REALLY don't understand why they cancelled this game twice. They act as if it'd be a huge risk for them - it wouldn't, it'd sell millions. I've lost all hope for this ever being released now.
GallifreyDog 26

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 11 Apr 2013, 16:59

Haven't played any of the Battlefront games though I am a Star Wars fan, what makes them so good?
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby EdDeRs1 » 11 Apr 2013, 18:12

okay ill admit it, im wondering why the Rebels are using an old Confederacy tank
rule 1: im always right
rule 2: if im not, rule 1 applies
EdDeRs1 39

Postby Branhelm » 11 Apr 2013, 22:59

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Haven't played any of the Battlefront games though I am a Star Wars fan, what makes them so good?

Firstly you can be on either side, different era's and occasionally Hero's/Villains. This means you can experience the thrill of invading Geonosis with the Separatists Army, and then go and fight rebels on Yavin 4 as Stormtroopers.
Secondly it helped add some extra story to the Universe (personally I loved the story in 2)

The game is basically battlefield multiplayer, mixed with the class choices of old school FPS (pre-set only) making you pick the necessary character instead of the all out killing machine (great example is pilot versus commando in space)

It's a must have for any Star Wars fan, and for and FPS fan too imho. I advise you try and find one somewhere (I suggest 2, although i have not played the PSP versions)
Branhelm 24