to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

EA lay-offs begin with EA Montreal.

Your comments on our articles.

The studio behind Army of Two, EA Montreal, is to lay off as many as two-thirds of its workers.

The studio behind Army of Two, EA Montreal, is to lay off as many as two-thirds of its workers.... read more

EA lay-offs begin with EA Montreal.

Postby thelion71 » 12 Apr 2013, 15:00

Not cool!
What has happened to EA?
Is this all down to the global financial situation or has the fan base been eroded?
I am Lion, hear my ROAR!!!!
thelion71 7

Re: EA lay-offs begin with EA Montreal.

Postby SilentDark » 12 Apr 2013, 18:32

Maybe it's because EA's contempt for their customers has gotten so bad that people have actually had enough. I do wish they'd just gotten rid of Peter Moore though, without his paycheck they might have been able to keep this studio open. It really sucks for all those affected. Hopefully their talents will be snapped up by another company soon.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby zacho 666 » 13 Apr 2013, 14:33

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO EA MONTREAL MAKE NHL! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
CANADA BABY!
zacho 666 25

Postby Eviltiger » 13 Apr 2013, 15:35

I feel sorry for both the employees AND the government.

But EA needs a shake up look at their games from this studio ARMY OF TWO and BOOGIE and one sims game expansion.

EA needs to get their house in order before the next generation. Because winning worst company two years running in America is bad enough but they just keep making mistakes after mistake. Simcity and Mass effect 3 spring to mind. These titles should have been the gold standard but they messed them up AND didnt think of the consequences. And if they are doing that with their golden goose. No wonder they cant get rubbish games like Army of two to sell.
Eviltiger 5