to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Double Dragon 2: Wander Of The Dragon

Your comments on our articles.

Needs to take a long wander off a short cliff

A remake of the original 1988 arcade game, this XBLA title is so painfully awful that it makes you disproportionately grateful for every good beat-'em-up game you've ever played.... read more

Postby OneTonTurtle » 12 Apr 2013, 16:17

Wow, I was interested in this game until I found it had nothing to do with the Way Forward developed Double Dragon Neon. It looked similar and it seemed stupid to not try and co-opt that games mechanics and aesthetics. Evidently it borrowed nothing from that great game and was, as you said, a shameless botched terrible cash-in to capitalize on the first games success. Just awful.
OneTonTurtle 4

Postby msbhvn » 12 Apr 2013, 16:18

Heh. On another forum, somebody pointed out the terrible Engrish in the description. If it was 400MSP, I might get it just to laugh at how awful it is, but at 800? How about no? :lol:
#SaveOXM
msbhvn 68

Re: Double Dragon 2: Wander Of The Dragon

Postby OXM Aoife » 12 Apr 2013, 17:14

msbhvn wrote:Heh. On another forum, somebody pointed out the terrible Engrish in the description. If it was 400MSP, I might get it just to laugh at how awful it is, but at 800? How about no? :lol:

In the character description panels in the game menu, it refers to Jimmy as Billy's older twin brother. I don't even
OXM Aoife
OXM Staff

Postby Crisco » 12 Apr 2013, 17:36

I played the demo and I think the review is quite generous. I fought about five bad guys then turned the xbox off and kicked my dog (It's a joke, I don't have a dog. Although if I did, I may have kicked it).
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 45

Postby Windowlicker79 » 13 Apr 2013, 23:43

OXM Aoife wrote:
msbhvn wrote:Heh. On another forum, somebody pointed out the terrible Engrish in the description. If it was 400MSP, I might get it just to laugh at how awful it is, but at 800? How about no? :lol:

In the character description panels in the game menu, it refers to Jimmy as Billy's older twin brother. I don't even

Spelling mistakes seem to be an essential part of terrible Double Dragon sequels. Check out this screenshot from the NES game Double Dragon 3: The Sacred Stones...
ಠ_ಠ
Windowlicker79 55

Postby Stevie » 22 Apr 2013, 13:10

I used to love playing Double Dragon when I was a kid, it's a pity I would of downloaded that as well.
I think I'd like to see Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 hit Xbox Live, used to spend hours on that game, never really got much of a chance to play it online though.
Stevie 3