Crytek talks Crysis, the next Xbox and watching Far Cry grow

Your comments on our articles.

Cevat Yerli tells all.

... read more

Crytek talks Crysis, the next Xbox and watching Far Cry grow

Postby Waffles2541 » 13 Apr 2013, 17:35

How and it what way is Far Cry 3 anything like the hypothetical 'Far Cry meets Crysis". The characters are better, the story is better, it has a far more open world, it is easy to pick up and play and overall is a far more joyous experience that I have had with Crysis to date. It has that one thing that Crytek's games constantly fail to create: A soul.
I had fun once, it was awful.
Waffles2541 40

Re: Crytek talks Crysis, the next Xbox and watching Far Cry

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Apr 2013, 18:01

In the way that Far Cry 3 wanted to be far cry 1 but better, he is saying Crysis 3 is far cry 1 but better - I'm not so sold. I found 1 very empty, with a false open world blocked by bushes and not much gameplay changing, and the story was off, with 2 they put it in the city and the linearity was revealed, or exposed rather - not many liked this, but it made for a better game, you had multiple ways of dealing with stuff.

I think in a way FC3 is like crysis a bit, in that it makes you the ultimate predator in a sea of terrorist/bad guys, the only difference is crysis is a level based game whereas FC3 is open world, both games have pretty rubbish stories when it boils down to it, FC3 has two interesting characters, all the rest are terrible and the plot makes no sense - and crysis 3s is a bit too mental and overly serious to boot. Cry2 was mental but not overly serious - to its advantage.

I thought FC2 was miles better than FC3 in a lot of aspects, if they added the realism of 2, switched the locations and stories and had FC3s gameplay you'd have the better game.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Metalrodent » 13 Apr 2013, 18:02

Bezza89 wrote:I thought FC2 was miles better than FC3 in a lot of aspects, if they added the realism of 2, switched the locations and stories and had FC3s gameplay you'd have the better game.

completely true
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Bezza89 » 13 Apr 2013, 18:05

*Might add, optional realism - or less frequent gun degrading at least.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Postby Rewave Acid » 13 Apr 2013, 19:39

love everything about Crysis 3- no idea why, it just resonates with me and my expectations of a shooter. I'd say the series is firmly grounded enough now to have its own soul and style, which is nice. The campaign though short I thought was utter quality, but most of all the whole thing is just plain fun. Loving the multiplayer too, and as good a game as FC3 is, I wasn't big on the multiplayer, which is a shame considering how many hours I poured into FC2's!
Rewave Acid 30