to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Has the XCOM FPS become 'The Bureau'?

Your comments on our articles.

Long-delayed XCOM prequel may be reappearing soon with a changed name.

Four new websites discovered by Superannuation hint at a possible rebranding of the classic game-reimagined-as-shooter.... read more

Has the XCOM FPS become 'The Bureau'?

Postby Bezza89 » 15 Apr 2013, 13:29

If it still has the weird black goo and magic floating crystals, I'm in.

Love games with the 60s suits vibe - mad men style characters. I also got into XCOM with enemy unknown so a tad dismayed by it maybe not being XCOM related. Hopefully they saw how popular the strategy xcom was and are going down that route with xcom, and using the xcom fps as a new IP - there's no need to reboot an old IP as an fps if the old genre works and sells well.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 69

Re: Has the XCOM FPS become 'The Bureau'?

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Apr 2013, 15:43

the initial unveil and promotion of this game made it look pretty fun and cool, the gameplay it'self didn't seem quite so promising but despite that it still looked interesting.
Be good to see if it still has life in it, as it certainly seemed to have potential
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby TomAZ600 » 15 Apr 2013, 17:33

Sorry to be a history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '61, not '62. Have you been taken history lessons from CoD Black Ops? cos that game has a pretty skewed vision of recent history.
TomAZ600 35

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Apr 2013, 17:36

TomAZ600 wrote:Sorry to be a history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '61, not '62. Have you been taken history lessons from CoD Black Ops? cos that game has a pretty skewed vision of recent history.

sorry to be history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '62
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby GallifreyDog » 15 Apr 2013, 17:58

I'm glad it's still being released. I remember reading about it in OXM ages ago. I thought it had turned into a third person shooter since then though? I really liked the look of it, not sure about the gameplay but the '60s theme seemed really interesting.
GallifreyDog 26

Postby Plamsa wing » 15 Apr 2013, 18:19

I wonder if it's no longer part of the XCOM universe then. Never made sense to go FPS, I think Enemy Unkown proved that theres still life in the genre.
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby SkinnerChinner » 15 Apr 2013, 20:12

TomAZ600 wrote:Sorry to be a history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '61, not '62. Have you been taken history lessons from CoD Black Ops? cos that game has a pretty skewed vision of recent history.

Metalrodent wrote:sorry to be history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '62

October 1962 to be precise :D

On second thoughts, 'grinning smiley' may not be the most appropriate icon when talking about what was nearly the catalyst for nuclear war...
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby PonderingWalrus » 16 Apr 2013, 22:31

Metalrodent wrote:

sorry to be history bore, but the Cuban Missile Crisis was '62

WAHEEEEEEEEEEY!

The corrector has become the corrected.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42