to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Star Trek: boldly defying expectations, by looking pretty go

Your comments on our articles.

If there's a worrying pattern that everyone recognises in a PR campaign, it's this: an announcement, followed by a long stretch of game-free silence. We're weeks before the release of Star Trek now and the clear implication is that the combined evil marketing genius of corporate Earth can't think of an exciting way to show off the game.... read more

Star Trek: boldly defying expectations, by looking pretty go

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Apr 2013, 15:37

There had better be a cheat, unlock or option to make the gorn look like they should do:
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Re: Star Trek: boldly defying expectations, by looking prett

Postby Greganor » 15 Apr 2013, 15:43

Won't have me parting with my hard earned. At least until the die hard trekkies sign it off as "not a huge disappointment of plot and mechanical failures". If we learnt anything from Colonial Marines its that reality often defies expectation.
Greganor 23

Postby Crisco » 15 Apr 2013, 17:54

The visuals are pretty and it sounds fun. The only thing bugging me is will it be a Mass Effect clone? I love Mass Effect but I hope this game is different enough to warrant a buy.

I was also, sort of, hoping that the Borg would be the main enemy, they scare the crap out of me.
Being good at stuff is overrated. Probably.
Gamertag: Super Crisco
Crisco 48

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 15 Apr 2013, 20:08

Im really looking forward to the movie and for once it would be nice to have a game that can stand along side its movie counterpart proudly. From what Ive read appears to be shaping up well. If it models itself on Mass Effect then all the better. One thing I hope it does include its actually being able to Fly the Enterprise. Not in the same way you got to fly the Normandy in Mass Effect though. That was awful
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby Drainwater » 15 Apr 2013, 23:04

Although I like Star Trek about as much as the next geek I think I'll keep my expectations low for this one.

Also, I think it would be impossible to make something look that fake on today's consoles Metal, but unfortunately I'm sure I'm wrong.
Drainwater 35

Postby Dave2123 » 15 Apr 2013, 23:55

I agree with Crisco; I was hoping that the Borg would be the enemies. They are definitely the most interesting enemy in the Star Trek Universe. It looks good and I really hope it doesn't do an Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Dave2123 29

Postby CunningSmile » 16 Apr 2013, 13:22

This just goes to show off a point I've made before, given time a film tie in can be good but you need to make that time.

They started this game when the last Star Trek film was a success, knowing there would be a sequel coming. Rather than wait until a film is announced and trying to produce a game in six months why don't more developers do this? Iron Man comes out in a month and no doubt a naff rushed Activision tie in will be released. Why was that game not entering production when Iron Man 2 was storming up the cinema charts? Why is an Avengers 2 game not being worked on as we speak? We know the film will come so why not break the Film Tie in = bad cycle?
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Abe hikura » 17 Apr 2013, 19:46

*fingers crossed* please be good, please be good
Abe hikura 54