to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Castle of Illusion re-release confirmed

Your comments on our articles.

Sega handling the coding duties, Disney raking in the cash

As we guessed last week Sega Australia is re-imagining Sega and Disney's classic Castle of Illusion game, updated for a modern twist.... read more

Castle of Illusion re-release confirmed

Postby Jabbermon » 15 Apr 2013, 19:50

Oh wow, I never played Castle of Illusion but World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck was my favourite Mega Drive game when I was a younger, only just beating Sonic 2 and Gunstar Heroes. I'll definitely be looking into this.
Jabbermon 15

Re: Castle of Illusion re-release confirmed

Postby Grummy » 15 Apr 2013, 20:04

Hmmm, I was just expecting a HD update like Duck Tails, but this is a whole new game. It'll be interesting to say the least and I'll definitely be willing to give it a try, I'm kinda sad that it's not the original with a HD update though. I've wanted those games to turn up on live for years.
One. Warrior. Nation.
Grummy 66
OXM Moderator

Postby Metalrodent » 15 Apr 2013, 20:17

Grummy wrote:I'm kinda sad that it's not the original with a HD update though. I've wanted those games to turn up on live for years.

I'm gonna be cynical and say that the reason they're not including it is because it allows them to sell the original as level pack dlc
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Sandbwoy » 15 Apr 2013, 23:57

My nephew will love this. I guess I will too
Sandbwoy 24

Postby captainhetty » 16 Apr 2013, 09:32

So looking forward to this. But, Like Grummy, I was kind of hoping for an HD release of the original rather than a complete remake. Still a day one purchase for me though!
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 59

Postby PaladinRonin » 16 Apr 2013, 16:18

I remember playing this game, along with World of Illusion, as a kid and I loved them! : D They were both fun games and I look forward to trying this out. If it's great, I wonder if they will re-make World of Illusion, which I really enjoied.

Also, I agree that an HD re-release of the origonal would have been fun at lest. Remakes can be akward if done wrong.
"I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."
PaladinRonin 32

Postby SidTheSloth » 16 Apr 2013, 18:56

Never played CoI but loved the sequel, especially the co-op which was ace for it's time, games nowadays still struggle to pull co-op off as well as that game did!

Not a huge Mickey fan, nor platformers really, but nostalgic memories of that game will make sure i keep an eye on this :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54