to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

FIFA 14 gameplay details: six ways it improves on FIFA 13

Your comments on our articles.

EA Sports takes a flying kick at last year's face

FIFA 14 is officially loud and proud, ladies and gentlemen, and you'll read all about it in issue 99 of OXM, on sale 10th May. That's positively ages away, isn't it? Fear not - intrepid previewer Richard Meade has rounded up a few of the most important details below.... read more

FIFA 14 gameplay details: six ways it improves on FIFA 13

Postby Rewave Acid » 17 Apr 2013, 17:48

Despite loving Fifa and football I didn't buy Fifa 13 because it's so f%$£ing broken- how any self-respecting game reviewer can say it's a good game when every bloody motherf@€%ing shot goes in is just such lazy and despicably bad game design. Play as man city or the like and you will just blaze past people because the game is literally 95% about the pace of players. it's utterly broken, and as long as they're focusing on them that's good, but i'm only buying 14 is they actually make a difference.
(and breathe.)
Rewave Acid 30

Re: FIFA 14 gameplay details: six ways it improves on FIFA 1

Postby exhausted » 17 Apr 2013, 18:45

I'm pretty sure some of these were announced as new features for FIFA 13
exhausted 11

Re: FIFA 14 gameplay details: six ways it improves on FIFA 1

Postby Muppetman51 » 17 Apr 2013, 20:44

I know the new career mode is still to be divulged but this is sort of a deal-breaker for me. Are there any hints out there? Admittedly it'll be irrelevant if this ends up being next gen only, but I haven't bothered with FIFA as an immediate thing in years because the career is so hit and miss.

I'm hoping for something that has plenty of depth offline and a more seamless integration between international and club competitions. So far every career mode has had pretty fun player development for your pro but the tournaments always feel stand-alone rather than a continuous universe. Plus, and I know this sounds old, but the way your squad developed as players and a team in PES 6 is still the best example I've seen of player management. Something like that when you become a manager would be nice.

If all they managed to give it was an all-inclusive feel I'd be a happy muppet.
Excuse me sir, but the pigs have refused to find any more truffles until you leave!
Muppetman51 39