Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok engin

Your comments on our articles.

"A lot of the fun of talking to your community at an early stage is leaving it open-ended."

Compulsory online connections, frighteningly customisable character options and wistful sci-fi vistas may comprise Destiny's bones and arteries, but the game's lifeblood - if you'll forgive the fruity phrasing - is mystery. The premise sees human Guardians journeying through the remnants of Earth's interplanetary empire, searching for clues as to their civilization's fall - and developer Bungie is accordingly keeping a lid on many of the features, fearful of exposing that meticulously constructed universe ahead of release.... read more

Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok engin

Postby Xbox11 » 17 Apr 2013, 19:13

So its like Halo, Only with cloth, Decent lighting, And more players :lol:

Ohh and the ability to make a new map pack every week with Grognak, Which I'm sure will be free of course :wink:
Last edited by Xbox11 on 17 Apr 2013, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xbox11 29
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 13 Jan 2013, 06:42

Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok engin

Postby ipsofacto » 17 Apr 2013, 19:14

I'd love to think I've just discovered Bungie's inspiration...
http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/aa7434db_Front.jpg
I knew I recognised it!
ipsofacto 47
 
Posts: 179
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 15:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby Xbox11 » 17 Apr 2013, 19:18

ipsofacto wrote:I'd love to think I've just discovered Bungie's inspiration...
http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/aa7434db_Front.jpg
I knew I recognised it!


Well lets hope the whole game isn't as bland as the moon base
User avatar
Xbox11 29
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 13 Jan 2013, 06:42

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby Dave2123 » 18 Apr 2013, 04:33

Xbox11 wrote:So its like Halo, Only with cloth, Decent lighting, And more players :lol:

Ohh and the ability to make a new map pack every week with Grognak, Which I'm sure will be free of course :wink:


I have to agree somewhat. When i watched the trailer I could've sworn they were clips from Halo. However, if they can make it better but looking a bit like Halo, I'll be fine. I've only played combat evolved 10th anniversary and thought it was the worst game I've ever played - I know it's old, but from what I've seen and played of the others, they're basically the same. The idea of Destiny, however, is fantastic and I'll look forward to seeing some reviews and proper gameplay when it comes out.
User avatar
Dave2123 29
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 08 Apr 2013, 17:09

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby OXM Jonty » 18 Apr 2013, 09:49

ipsofacto wrote:I'd love to think I've just discovered Bungie's inspiration...
http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/aa7434db_Front.jpg
I knew I recognised it!


My God you're right. Thus: they must really be taking the soundtrack in a new direction.
Editor

Email: jon.hicks@futurenet.com
Xbox Live: OXM Jonty
OXM Jonty
OXM Staff
 
Posts: 448
Joined: 19 Nov 2007, 11:12

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby ipsofacto » 18 Apr 2013, 12:22

OXM Jonty wrote:My God you're right. Thus: they must really be taking the soundtrack in a new direction.


It would be cool, just a pity the album's terrible
ipsofacto 47
 
Posts: 179
Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 15:18
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby Xbox11 » 18 Apr 2013, 13:02

Dave2123 wrote:
Xbox11 wrote:So its like Halo, Only with cloth, Decent lighting, And more players :lol:

Ohh and the ability to make a new map pack every week with Grognak, Which I'm sure will be free of course :wink:


I have to agree somewhat. When i watched the trailer I could've sworn they were clips from Halo. However, if they can make it better but looking a bit like Halo, I'll be fine. I've only played combat evolved 10th anniversary and thought it was the worst game I've ever played - I know it's old, but from what I've seen and played of the others, they're basically the same. The idea of Destiny, however, is fantastic and I'll look forward to seeing some reviews and proper gameplay when it comes out.


I always loved Halo , 1,2,3 Were the best ones, After that i stopped playing, Yes Destiny is hopefully going to be one of the greatest games we have ever seen , Fingers crossed!
User avatar
Xbox11 29
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 13 Jan 2013, 06:42

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby PonderingWalrus » 18 Apr 2013, 13:09

Dave2123 wrote:
Xbox11 wrote:So its like Halo, Only with cloth, Decent lighting, And more players :lol:

Ohh and the ability to make a new map pack every week with Grognak, Which I'm sure will be free of course :wink:


I have to agree somewhat. When i watched the trailer I could've sworn they were clips from Halo. However, if they can make it better but looking a bit like Halo, I'll be fine. I've only played combat evolved 10th anniversary and thought it was the worst game I've ever played - I know it's old, but from what I've seen and played of the others, they're basically the same. The idea of Destiny, however, is fantastic and I'll look forward to seeing some reviews and proper gameplay when it comes out.


I wouldn't just throw all the Halo games in the same bucked as Combat Evolved. Sure, they all have a similar core but, in my opinion, most if not all, the other Halo games are superior. I didn't hate Anniversary, but it's old game design did irritate me a little (read "Repeated identi-kit corridors"). There's no such problems with the other Halo campaigns though.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
User avatar
PonderingWalrus 42
 
Posts: 702
Joined: 26 Nov 2012, 22:12
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Destiny: Bungie talks character load-outs, the Grognok e

Postby Sene » 19 Apr 2013, 12:35

OXM Jonty wrote:
ipsofacto wrote:I'd love to think I've just discovered Bungie's inspiration...
http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/aa7434db_Front.jpg
I knew I recognised it!


My God you're right. Thus: they must really be taking the soundtrack in a new direction.


Or maybe

http://assets.network.roadrunnerrecords ... _650px.jpg
Sene 7
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Jun 2012, 16:19


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]