to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Your comments on our articles.

"The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages."

I can remember two things about NBC's superhero drama Heroes - the expression of apparent painful constipation on the face of that one time-travelling guy, and somebody punching somebody with fists made of light. Microsoft remembers the show more comprehensively than that, it seems - according to a TV Line report, the manufacturer is in talks to bring a new series to Xbox Live.... read more

Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Apr 2013, 11:31

My lingering memory of Heroes was that season 1 was amazing, with a good plot flow and a beginning/middle/end, and then they were asked to keep it going and so recycled basically the same plot for three years whilst everyone stopped watching what should only ever have been a mini series. Why waste your time MS?

(Meanwhile, if MS want to revive superhero shows from NBC could you do a second series of the Cape? Just finished it on LoveFilm and it was turning into a really great show axed before it's time. Bring that back please)
Confirmation Bias is a bad thing, I've read a book that agreed with me about that
CunningSmile 71
OXM Moderator

Re: Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 18 Apr 2013, 11:51

I have literally just finished watching all 4 series of Heroes on Blu-ray and would happily see many more episodes. It needs to be remembered that there was a writers strike during season 2 which meant that there series did dip badly, but it did pick up in series 3, and series 4 had a different tone at times, but was still pretty decent (albeit slightly anticlimactic). I also think that Microsoft would want to make the series a success and that the nature of the show and the platform on which it would be shown, means that they would put enough money in it to make a good show.

And it needs to be remembered that anything that puts Ali Larter on our television screens is always welcome…
:lol:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Thos. » 18 Apr 2013, 14:39

Series 1 was entertaining enough.
Series 2 had one episode's worth of content in the entire run.
To make up for that, series 3 had one series' worth of content in each episode.

Gave up half way through, it was impossible to follow. It could definitely work as a 'reboot' or 'reimagining' or whatever hip and trendy word means starting again.
Thos. 45

Postby Bezza89 » 18 Apr 2013, 20:21

Thos. wrote:It could definitely work as a 'reboot' or 'reimagining' or whatever hip and trendy word means starting again.

Pretty sure it's a Johnson. They're giving Heroes a Johnson. Let's all watch Supermans Johnson, Man of Steel this summer.

:wink:
Trianglular Sandwiches advocate against remakes of games, except Halo MC collection and GTAV... and metro... and minecraft.
Bezza89 67

Postby Drainwater » 19 Apr 2013, 01:30

Maybe Microsoft will put in more money for special effects. So many conflicts built up and only a handful of super powered fights. I want explosions and people being punched through walls every 15 seconds. They can avoid the aerial fights though...those never seem to be done well and I could forgive them for not wanting to go that route. Everything else I said though...
Drainwater 35