to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Your comments on our articles.

"The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages."

I can remember two things about NBC's superhero drama Heroes - the expression of apparent painful constipation on the face of that one time-travelling guy, and somebody punching somebody with fists made of light. Microsoft remembers the show more comprehensively than that, it seems - according to a TV Line report, the manufacturer is in talks to bring a new series to Xbox Live.... read more

Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Postby CunningSmile » 18 Apr 2013, 11:31

My lingering memory of Heroes was that season 1 was amazing, with a good plot flow and a beginning/middle/end, and then they were asked to keep it going and so recycled basically the same plot for three years whilst everyone stopped watching what should only ever have been a mini series. Why waste your time MS?

(Meanwhile, if MS want to revive superhero shows from NBC could you do a second series of the Cape? Just finished it on LoveFilm and it was turning into a really great show axed before it's time. Bring that back please)
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Re: Microsoft will revive Heroes as an Xbox TV show - report

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 18 Apr 2013, 11:51

I have literally just finished watching all 4 series of Heroes on Blu-ray and would happily see many more episodes. It needs to be remembered that there was a writers strike during season 2 which meant that there series did dip badly, but it did pick up in series 3, and series 4 had a different tone at times, but was still pretty decent (albeit slightly anticlimactic). I also think that Microsoft would want to make the series a success and that the nature of the show and the platform on which it would be shown, means that they would put enough money in it to make a good show.

And it needs to be remembered that anything that puts Ali Larter on our television screens is always welcome…
:lol:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Thos. » 18 Apr 2013, 14:39

Series 1 was entertaining enough.
Series 2 had one episode's worth of content in the entire run.
To make up for that, series 3 had one series' worth of content in each episode.

Gave up half way through, it was impossible to follow. It could definitely work as a 'reboot' or 'reimagining' or whatever hip and trendy word means starting again.
Thos. 46

Postby Bezza89 » 18 Apr 2013, 20:21

Thos. wrote:It could definitely work as a 'reboot' or 'reimagining' or whatever hip and trendy word means starting again.

Pretty sure it's a Johnson. They're giving Heroes a Johnson. Let's all watch Supermans Johnson, Man of Steel this summer.

:wink:
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Drainwater » 19 Apr 2013, 01:30

Maybe Microsoft will put in more money for special effects. So many conflicts built up and only a handful of super powered fights. I want explosions and people being punched through walls every 15 seconds. They can avoid the aerial fights though...those never seem to be done well and I could forgive them for not wanting to go that route. Everything else I said though...
Drainwater 35