to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft's Zoo unveiled - screens of canned Xbox sim are Vi

Your comments on our articles.

Care of Kinectimals dev Frontier Developments

Once upon a time, Frontier Developments of Kinectimals and "David Braben hates pre-owned" fame was working on a reboot of Zoo Tycoon for Xbox, known as Microsoft Zoo. That's according to former lead artist and UI team leader Anil Glendinning, who has posted a number of screenshots on his personal site.... read more

Microsoft's Zoo unveiled - screens of canned Xbox sim are Vi

Postby Thos. » 18 Apr 2013, 16:15

My kids would have gone crazy for this. Love the screenshot showing a slab of meat in the inventory, and the keeper standing in the rhino enclosure being encouraged to 'tease' the animals. That's not going to end well...
Thos. 46

Re: Microsoft's Zoo unveiled - screens of canned Xbox sim ar

Postby Plamsa wing » 18 Apr 2013, 17:19

If it's even half as good/fun as Viva Pinata, then yes, I would have played it. Plus I loved Zoo Tycoon, we all did in our house really. Even though I got for my birthday and it was mine, we used to fight over who got to play it.

Would be too much to hope for, for Microsoft to revive this?

On side note: Got that song in my head now. :x
I spilled flour in my uncle's kitchen, now I've got a croissant.
Plamsa wing 57

Postby Grummy » 18 Apr 2013, 18:04

I'd definitely have played it.

Also, why bin it when it so clearly could have used Kinect interactivity? Surely they could have just pushed it back a bit and added in the kinect stuff?
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby Sandbwoy » 18 Apr 2013, 22:21

I wonder if Microsoft Zoo had a reptile house. Every good zoo has a reptile house. I woulda loved to have played this, come on Microsoft sort it out.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby GHOSTY05 » 19 Apr 2013, 08:48

Such a waste, looks quite good! even if its just for kids.

Microsoft are quite happy to let the tripe through but **** can anything that looks remotely good! just don't understand it myself.

I mean how many decent games are actually on the kinect, i can name them all on one hand.
GHOSTY05 43

Postby Insaneyokel » 19 Apr 2013, 08:58

It would have been a good looking game, I think they really made a bad call here. But then again is it just me or are games producers stopping quite a few interesting projects recently, just look at the cancelling the LA noire sequel, is this cost cutting, concentrating on the kinect or is it that they are clearing the boards for the launches of the new consoles?
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Eviltiger » 20 Apr 2013, 19:32

This is why I am losing the plot. Seriously.

I LOVED the zoo tycoon series. And yet here we are a wee bit hope and gone already why...well in this case because KINECT is important.

I dont own a KINECT
I dont know anyone who owns a KINECT
AND i doubt there will EVER be a GAME decent on KINECT

But here we have a potentially good game. Which to me was aimed at the wrong demographic of familys and tweenys when it should have been aimed at REAL HARDCORE GAMERS- People like me. Who love strategy, tactics, empire games, collecting things, unlocking things, building, creating, designing, games with actual replay abilitiy AND a game you cant complete in 5 hours.

Yet here we are CANNED. Hardcore Gamers left with rubbish and being treated badly by Microsoft.
Eviltiger 5