to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skyrim Legendary Edition spotted, contains all three DLC pac

Your comments on our articles.

Dragonborn, Dawnguard and Hearthfire in one box

Bethesda appears to be planning an all-in-one Legendary edition of The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, boxarts for which have surfaced over at Polish retailer Ultima. All three Skyrim DLC packs are included. If you've yet to sample 2012's most mountainous open world - and really, I'm not sure there's a hole deep and dark enough - this could be the ideal point of entry.... read more

Skyrim Legendary Edition spotted, contains all three DLC pac

Postby Sandbwoy » 19 Apr 2013, 12:43

Yes, this is what I've been waiting for! Already have the Collector's Edition but didn't bother buying any of the DLC. Instead, I'll just buy another copy of the game with all DLC included in the box, just how I like it.
Sandbwoy 24

Re: Skyrim Legendary Edition spotted, contains all three DLC

Postby SkinnerChinner » 19 Apr 2013, 13:00

I've yet to sample the delights of 'Skyrim'... :oops:

In my shame & dishonour as a self-confessed Bethesda fan I was looking to repent my sins & pick it up on pay day, but I'll hold off for this & get the DLC with it.
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Apr 2013, 13:08

I got the dlc on offer a short while ago and although I would have preferred this I doubt it would be cheaper in toto. Out of interest though I'd like to know if the dlc comes on a separate disc or as download slips.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby Metalrodent » 19 Apr 2013, 13:24

Oblivions came with a seperate disk
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Apr 2013, 13:29

As Rodent says Oblivion, as well as the two fallouts, came with a disc containing the main game and a second disc that had all the DLC which you downloaded to your hard drive. Basically means if you've managed to buy all the DLC there isn't much benefit in buying this edition as it'll take up the same amount of space on your hard drive.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Apr 2013, 14:56

Oh I know oblivion and fallout 3 had it (got new vegas stuff individually) just curious if they'd keep on doing it this way.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Apr 2013, 15:00

I think it's probably the way that creates the minimum number of bugs for an already vulnerable game. Smooshing everything on one integrated disc would probably screw them up, but basically giving you the DLC on a disc means you only risk the normal bugs.
Do you ever look at some of the other people on the internet and wonder if you missed the sign that says "You must be this dumb to ride"?
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 19 Apr 2013, 15:15

Well others sometimes just include codes to download, which defeats most of the purpose really but would obviously save a bit of money.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby glavias » 19 Apr 2013, 16:26

I'm surprised they put Hearthfire on there to be honest.. I thought they might have been tight and left it out.. Since they released Oblivion GOY Edition and Anniversary Edition and still never bothered putting Mehrunes Razor, Frostcrag Spire, Thieves Den, Pirates Cove, Battleborn Castle etc etc in either pack...
glavias 37

Postby SilentDark » 19 Apr 2013, 16:32

Just what I've been waiting for. I hate DLC vouchers, with the DLC on a disc I can remove it if I need a bit of space during a dry period and then put it back on no problem regardless of the state of my internet connection or when LIVE finally goes dark..
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby lawsond28 » 19 Apr 2013, 16:55

SkinnerChinner wrote:I've yet to sample the delights of 'Skyrim'... :oops:

In my shame & dishonour as a self-confessed Bethesda fan I was looking to repent my sins & pick it up on pay day, but I'll hold off for this & get the DLC with it.

There clearly was a hole that was both deep and dark enough...shame on you...shame on you....
Will someone please hurl some virtual, rotten jazbay grapes at this user for this atrocity?
Never trust a dog to watch your food.
lawsond28 33