to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Microsoft to "share more shortly" on the future of Xbox

Your comments on our articles.

Outgoing exec hints at reveal before or at E3

Like a glacier melting (insert RROD joke here), Microsoft is ever-so-slowly beginning to discuss its plans for the next generation Xbox. Speaking to investors about the firm's third financial quarter 2013 last night (ta, SeekingAlpha), outgoing chief financial officer Peter Klein dropped a few hints as to the console's announcement date.... read more

Microsoft to "share more shortly" on the future of Xbox

Postby Sandbwoy » 19 Apr 2013, 12:52

For a moment there I was getting all excited, thinking that the 21st of May is only 2 days away. Then I realised we're only in April, so the rumoured revealing isn't until next month. Upon this realisation, I immediately stopped being excited.
Sandbwoy 24

Re: Microsoft to

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Apr 2013, 13:33

Sandbwoy wrote:For a moment there I was getting all excited, thinking that the 21st of May is only 2 days away. Then I realised we're only in April, so the rumoured revealing isn't until next month. Upon this realisation, I immediately stopped being excited.

Immediately? It would normally take me a few minutes to calm down after an emotional rollercoaster like that :wink:
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 19 Apr 2013, 13:53

Any word on whether Xbox live on the next console is going to be subscription fee free?
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby CunningSmile » 19 Apr 2013, 13:59

Johnbhoy69 wrote:Any word on whether Xbox live on the next console is going to be subscription fee free?

Not yet, but personally I doubt it. They've managed to run the two tier system for too long to stop now, and if anything I expect Sony to expand the PSN+ for the PS4 and both systems will have a pay for online. Only reason Sony didn't do that already is because they needed an edge to close the gap early on. The sheer fact that this late in the 360 the number of Xbox Gold members has apparently gone up 18% means MS won't see any reason to stop charging.
I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning his motives
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SilentDark » 19 Apr 2013, 16:47

Wouldn't it be really awkward if on 21st of May all of those rumours we hope aren't true turn out to be 100% correct.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby Insaneyokel » 19 Apr 2013, 19:08

Well I have a source at Microsoft and there has been a lot of activity there, a lot more than usual
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Bezza89 » 19 Apr 2013, 21:26

Insaneyokel wrote:Well I have a source at Microsoft and there has been a lot of activity there, a lot more than usual

I have a sauce at microsoft myself, never did get to use it on my bacon sarnie made by the gert, but at least someone will use it. Ketchup if you're wondering. Went well with the gerts red racing stripes.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!
Bezza89 68

Postby Insaneyokel » 20 Apr 2013, 01:46

This is a very reliable source and they have been clearing out stuff there, so that's quite interesting
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby OXM ETboy » 20 Apr 2013, 09:52

My nightmare-world prediction about the next Xbox reveal goes something like this:

"Yep, it's an always-online machine with a pre-owned block and mandatory Kinect usage. Also, we've exclusivised Battlefield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 4, Modern Warfare 4, FIFA, Madden, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Street Fighter. So riddle me this: how much are your favourite franchises worth to you?"
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 20 Apr 2013, 09:58

OXM ETboy wrote:My nightmare-world prediction about the next Xbox reveal goes something like this:

"Yep, it's an always-online machine with a pre-owned block and mandatory Kinect usage. Also, we've exclusivised Battlefield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 4, Modern Warfare 4, FIFA, Madden, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Street Fighter. So riddle me this: how much are your favourite franchises worth to you?"

Obvious troll is obvious!! :)

(Seriously Ed, wars have been started over less!)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby OXM ETboy » 20 Apr 2013, 10:06

OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SidTheSloth » 20 Apr 2013, 10:11

Ha, touché sir - well played...! :)
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby Metalrodent » 20 Apr 2013, 10:24

OXM ETboy wrote:Indeed they have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2FbGH2DDs

ah good memories, which reminds me I need to find my CD boxset and relisten to them!
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Xbox11 » 20 Apr 2013, 15:09

OXM ETboy wrote:My nightmare-world prediction about the next Xbox reveal goes something like this:

I really couldn't care less about any of those things but mandatory Kinect usage , That was a major let down last gen , So it needs to be treated as an option.

That said id still buy it , Id prefer it not be any of those things though :)
Xbox11 29

Postby SilentDark » 20 Apr 2013, 15:26

Funnily enough none of those are what I'd call my favourite franchises so I guess even in a world of nightmares I'd be relatively safe. :D
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Next