to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Playing them, beating them, moaning about them, celebrating them

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby golliwoza » 20 Apr 2013, 18:05

Well I thought seeing as there is no Injustice thread then I might as well start one. I don't expect it to get too busy but I was thinking that this would be a nice place for fellow OXM peeps to post anything and everything they like about Injustice or a place so that we can set up and arrange fights between each other and quite possibly arrange some decent tournaments or full King of the Hill games.

I am enjoying the game a fair bit so I am looking forward to any combatants or challengers, anyone up for a scuffle? I am a pushover, honest. :lol:
Where we are going we wont need eyes to see.
golliwoza 56

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby Maverick_McCool » 20 Apr 2013, 20:55

Got your FR Golli just as I was off to cook tea :( I'll be back on by about 10ish if you are still about. Beware though , my Black Adam is not to be taken lightly! As I said elseware I'm a wee bit better at this than I thought I would be.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby golliwoza » 20 Apr 2013, 21:38

No problem a bit of two player practice first? So we can get into the swing of things. I will be around then though.
golliwoza 56

Postby golliwoza » 21 Apr 2013, 01:38

Well that was good few games, I have now learnt which characters to stay permanently away from and which ones to stick it out with. Hopefully after a bit more practice I will put up a better fight next time against you Maverick.
golliwoza 56

Postby Maverick_McCool » 21 Apr 2013, 02:19

Hey , you won a few! And as I said , your Catwoman is pretty badass!

To be fair I've been doing the old quarter circle forward routine for about 25 years now so all the specials in this game come pretty easy to me as that's all it seems to be. But if you ever want to spar again , get your mike charged up and I'll turn you into a monster in no time.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby golliwoza » 21 Apr 2013, 09:08

Fully charged now, I will be up for some later today if you are on and we could probably get a few more friends involved in our 2 player KOTH matches. I know Monkey and Fractured have it so that could liven things up if we can get them in.
golliwoza 56

Postby fracturedrich » 21 Apr 2013, 14:10

golliwoza wrote:Fully charged now, I will be up for some later today if you are on and we could probably get a few more friends involved in our 2 player KOTH matches. I know Monkey and Fractured have it so that could liven things up if we can get them in.

Ime in,ive been tuning up my joker all morning.
fracturedrich 47

Postby Maverick_McCool » 21 Apr 2013, 14:51

I'll be about around 6ish if your still about.....
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby SidTheSloth » 21 Apr 2013, 14:54

Gents, is the slightly sluggish/slow feeling on the characters i found off-putting in the demo more to do with my 'capcom-conditioning' and lack of familiarity with MK etc? As in once you get a bit better at it does the pace pick up and fights become more fluid?

You guys seem to be enjoying it, character roster is ace and the SP story mode sounds strangely ace for a fighter, so all of them have me hovering over 'buy', but the slow nature/static fights from the demo have me put off - but it'd be a shame to miss out if it's just because i'm shit and need to learn/practice?

Also, seen no-one mention supes - is he shit or are you all just racists who hate him? :wink:
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Carpet Monkey » 21 Apr 2013, 15:38

I'm the same as you, Sid. I reaaaally really hate Mortal Kombat. Never liked it. Used to street fighter, dead or alive, tekken and soul caliber. More fluid combat and long combos (I'm rubbish at 'juggling' enemies etc).

But for some reason I really like this! Was never going to buy it because of the MK tag line, but for some reason tool the plunge. The slower pace just feels right for DC superheroes. Fast combat like the marvel vs capcom games would have just felt weird. But it makes every blow really have weight behind it, and every hit you take hurt. I really like the level design and the supers are truly epic.
Gamertag : Carpet Monkey
Carpet Monkey 42

Postby fracturedrich » 22 Apr 2013, 11:31

SidTheSloth wrote:Gents, is the slightly sluggish/slow feeling on the characters i found off-putting in the demo more to do with my 'capcom-conditioning' and lack of familiarity with MK etc? As in once you get a bit better at it does the pace pick up and fights become more fluid?

You guys seem to be enjoying it, character roster is ace and the SP story mode sounds strangely ace for a fighter, so all of them have me hovering over 'buy', but the slow nature/static fights from the demo have me put off - but it'd be a shame to miss out if it's just because i'm shit and need to learn/practice?

Also, seen no-one mention supes - is he shit or are you all just racists who hate him? :wink:

No superman is my favourite by far he is good close and from distance and his moves are fairly easy to master,compared with some of them.
fracturedrich 47

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Apr 2013, 16:00

Cheers gents, much appreciated - going to give the demo a bit more time and see if i can reach a level of competence that lets me see it in all its glory!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby Maverick_McCool » 22 Apr 2013, 16:05

Sid , it's definatly clunky compared to capcoms fighters , combos don't feel as natural as they should and there is far more reliance on special moves.

It dosen't really hurt the game to much though and to be fair , playing as a DC hero/villain , who wouldn't want to be using special powers at every opportunity? Unfourtunatly , it's difficult to tell with some characters (Bane and Grundy in particular) wether you are actually doing a special move or not , bit more practice needed maybe.

Good game though , will be back on in an hour or so if anyone is up for a scrap.
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby SidTheSloth » 22 Apr 2013, 18:49

Maverick_McCool wrote:Sid , it's definatly clunky compared to capcoms fighters , combos don't feel as natural as they should and there is far more reliance on special moves.

Yeah, it was the combos really that were/are bothering me, they seem(ed) really difficult to chain in comparison and it kinda gives/gave the bouts a bit of a 'stunted' feel to them.

Wasn't sure at all what tense to write that in as my impressions/worries are being placated by your lots helpful feedback, so no promises but there could be a super(sloth)man ready and willing to have his face smashed in the not too distant! :wink:
SidTheSloth 53

Postby SidTheSloth » 23 Apr 2013, 17:01

Super(sloth)man will shortly be ready to rumble...! ;)

Not around this weekend but i'll be up for a beating next week if you lot aren't bored by then!
SidTheSloth 53

Next