to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - first look at CD Projekt's answer

Your comments on our articles.

Does anyone fancy telling Geralt about the hunting ban?

The Wild Hunt is a strange pan-European myth focusing on a spectral hunting party skimming above the ground, in pell-mell pursuit of whatever quarry they can chase down. To see the Wild Hunt is to bring disaster - at best, your death, but most likely a war or plague.... read more

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - first look at CD Projekt's answer

Postby Eviltiger » 21 Apr 2013, 12:06

Finally a game with class. A game targeted for me....Someone with taste who hates cod, ac and any other game that keeps coming out year after year no better than the predecessor.

The witcher story, graphics and game play are what a game should be AMAZING.
Eviltiger 5

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - first look at CD Projekt's an

Postby fracturedrich » 21 Apr 2013, 17:22

Eviltiger wrote:Finally a game with class. A game targeted for me....Someone with taste who hates cod, ac and any other game that keeps coming out year after year no better than the predecessor.

The witcher story, graphics and game play are what a game should be AMAZING.

Here here,i really liked the witcher 2 and am really looking forward to this.
fracturedrich 46

Postby floppypig » 21 Apr 2013, 18:04

Looking forward to it, but some of the information in this article is just inaccurate...

Don't know where you got the idea that his relationship with Triss is over.... or that his friends are in hiding... or that Roche is an outlaw (especially since the game can end with him at Radovid's side). Dandelion also isn't in hiding, just had to get away from Henselt (who could even be dead).

Secondly, there IS scaling in Skyrim. It works differently than in Oblivion, but it's there. So that's just false. Some areas in Skyrim don't scale, but they're far and few.

Also, you suggest the prior titles have a big bearing in the epilogues. Nothing CDPR have said suggest this - so that's really speculation. In fact, they've said Witcher 3 is a stand alone game and they'll only be certain references to prior games...
floppypig 2

Postby Dave2123 » 22 Apr 2013, 02:27

floppypig wrote:Secondly, there IS scaling in Skyrim. It works differently than in Oblivion, but it's there. So that's just false. Some areas in Skyrim don't scale, but they're far and few.

I haven't played the other Witchers and I don't much about this one, although it does sound very good, however, I have to agree about Skyrim; there is most certainly scaling in Skyrim - it is everywhere. I haven't played Oblivion, so don't know how the scaling compares, but there were some places I went to in Skyrim and there'd be a Draugr Scourge Lord and when I went back later there was a Draugr Death Overlord. I never encountered enemies that were too much to handle if I was clever enough about it. (and tried a few times)
Dave2123 29

Postby kronk10 » 22 Apr 2013, 10:46

Gonna give the first one a try i have so many games i need to complete so will add this to the ever growing list!
kronk10 41

Postby Insaneyokel » 22 Apr 2013, 14:46

I am very much looking forward to this one, though why should it be compared to skyrim. It is a totally separate story and the game play is different. But anyway it looks like it is going to be a good game. By the way if people are impatient for this you should try reading the witcher books, they are very good and give you a good understanding of some of the characters
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47