Lionhead's new boss is a free-to-play MMO expert, will "take

Your comments on our articles.

John Needham appointed as studio head, touts free-to-play experience

Meet the new boss, the same as the old boss! Or not. Microsoft has appointed the decidedly non-Molyneux-esque John Needham as studio head at Lionhead. Where the sorely missed Peter M gave us emotional simulations, moral quandaries and cartoony meditations on the nature of God, Needham's all about multiplayer of the massive variety. Moreover, his "deep understanding" of subscriptions, free-to-play and mobile gaming "will be a huge benefit" to both Lionhead and Microsoft's wider operations in our hemisphere. A hint as to the future of Xbox? Quite probably.... read more

Lionhead's new boss is a free-to-play MMO expert, will "take

Postby Insaneyokel » 23 Apr 2013, 11:09

This could be a good idea, this might freshen up the fable franchise, though myself personally I thought fable 3 wasn't too bad, a bit of a grind in places but not bad. I will be interested if fable has an mmo makeover
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Re: Lionhead's new boss is a free-to-play MMO expert, will "

Postby Tug » 23 Apr 2013, 14:07

We haven't heard anything from Lionhead since Fable 3, which was brilliant, so maybe they've been planning an MMO for a while now? I hope they don't move away from their art style, that's what made the games so appealing to me.
Tug 27

Postby Tug » 23 Apr 2013, 15:06

Tug wrote:We haven't heard anything from Lionhead since Fable 3, which was brilliant, so maybe they've been planning an MMO for a while now? I hope they don't move away from their art style, that's what made the games so appealing to me.

I left in "which is brilliant". What an idiot.
Tug 27

Postby CunningSmile » 23 Apr 2013, 15:27

Tug wrote:
Tug wrote:We haven't heard anything from Lionhead since Fable 3, which was brilliant, so maybe they've been planning an MMO for a while now? I hope they don't move away from their art style, that's what made the games so appealing to me.

I left in "which is brilliant". What an idiot.

Fable 3 was brilliant, or brilliant we haven't heard from them since? Cos I know how I read it
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Maverick_McCool » 23 Apr 2013, 15:45

Fable 3 was shit , Lionhead will have to do something pretty special to get me interested in anything they do ever again.

Although to be fair having Peter Mollingbollocks leave is a good start.
I used to make arrow in the knee jokes , then Arm Fall Off Boy kicked me in the balls....... Come on Boon , quit teasing us with DLC characters we don't want , give us Arm Fall Off Boy dammit! Or at least give us Detective Chimp........
Maverick_McCool 45

Postby captainhetty » 23 Apr 2013, 16:09

Wasn't overly impressed with Fable 3, even less so with the half arsed attempt at a Kinect game. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this one, it could be interesting.
"Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets, it's going to be a Crumpocalypse."
GT - captainhetty
PSN - captain_hetty
captainhetty 62

Postby Enodoc » 23 Apr 2013, 18:02

Tug wrote:We haven't heard anything from Lionhead since Fable 3 [...]

Don't forget Fable: The Journey, it's a full piece of Fable canon, even if it is only on Kinect.
Enodoc 24

Postby Tug » 23 Apr 2013, 20:39

Enodoc wrote:
Tug wrote:We haven't heard anything from Lionhead since Fable 3 [...]

Don't forget Fable: The Journey, it's a full piece of Fable canon, even if it is only on Kinect.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about that one.
Tug 27