to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

BBC considering more Dr Who, Top Gear games, praises next ge

Your comments on our articles.

Company's EVP for digital outlines trans-media strategy

Robert Nashak, BBC's EVP for digital, has stated his interest in developing more trans-media properties within the company, inspired by the success of SyFy's Defiance.... read more

Postby -D-C-D- » 23 Apr 2013, 13:38

Bring back Heroes...?

I'm glad they have their priorities straight. If ever there was something that would finally convince me to throw caution to the wind and put all of the unsettling rumours so far to the back of my mind, this is definitely it. Bringing back Heroes.
-D-C-D- 18

Postby Vulgar Plebeian » 23 Apr 2013, 14:18

From personal experience the 360 has long ceased to be a gaming-only console. Sure, gaming is its main purpose but you could call it a "home entertainment centre" now - cue high-fives in the MS office - due to its usage.

I very rarely watch TV, due to the pathetic programme quality. Notable exceptions in my case included 24, Homeland and Utopia which I watch on catch-up TV such as BBC iPlayer or 40D through my 360. My Xbox is connected to a decent sized HDTV and an excellent amplifier, which also makes it an ideal choice for subscribing to either Lovefilm, Netflix or any other video app's on the Xbox. A further benefit of watching through catch-up TV is that you do not require a licence - that is only necessary if you watch a programme as it's being broadcast.

Should I want to listen to music then my 360 again offers a choice or two. I could download any one of the radio station app's or stream music from my Network Attached Storage device. So yeah, multi-media is the future of consoles.
Vulgar Plebeian 47

Re: BBC considering more Dr Who, Top Gear games, praises nex

Postby Xbox11 » 23 Apr 2013, 14:33

Dear BBC Please whatever you do , Don't make an awful Dr Who Game like the last one , This time at least put some effort into it , And don't aim the game at 5-6 yr olds , The game you made before was appalling, This time proper 3D And proper free roaming levels, And a proper Tardis, Cheers :mrgreen:
Xbox11 28

Postby SilentDark » 23 Apr 2013, 14:35

As long as we don't get any more terrible Doctor Who games like that one on the Wii that was so absolutely awful that even when Asda is selling it at a fiver they can't get rid of it then this shouldn't be a problem.
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby LuRcH18489 » 23 Apr 2013, 19:30

hmmm a dr who game similar to mass effect wud b fun
LuRcH18489 31

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 19:31

LuRcH18489 wrote:hmmm a dr who game similar to mass effect wud b fun

the er, slight lack of shooting by the doctor might make it hard
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 67

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 19:32

also, how would a Top Gear game work?
Metalrodent 67

Postby T-meredith » 23 Apr 2013, 19:39

if they made another doctor who game, give the player freedom of choice, design his own incarnation of The Doctor, design his own Tardis, and bring choice questions like Skyrim and a decent levelling system. And its got to have a kickass story, including some old companions like the Ponds, Rose, and The Brigadier. And bring popular villains into it such as the Master and the Daleks and Cybermen! Then you have a cracker of a game.
T-meredith 17

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 19:47

T-meredith wrote:if they made another doctor who game, give the player freedom of choice, design his own incarnation of The Doctor, design his own Tardis, and bring choice questions like Skyrim and a decent levelling system. And its got to have a kickass story, including some old companions like the Ponds, Rose, and The Brigadier. And bring popular villains into it such as the Master and the Daleks and Cybermen! Then you have a cracker of a game.

might be hard on the ol' canon if you could design your own doctor, also never bring back Rose - never
Metalrodent 67

Postby T-meredith » 23 Apr 2013, 19:51

Metalrodent wrote:
T-meredith wrote:if they made another doctor who game, give the player freedom of choice, design his own incarnation of The Doctor, design his own Tardis, and bring choice questions like Skyrim and a decent levelling system. And its got to have a kickass story, including some old companions like the Ponds, Rose, and The Brigadier. And bring popular villains into it such as the Master and the Daleks and Cybermen! Then you have a cracker of a game.

might be hard on the ol' canon if you could design your own doctor, also never bring back Rose - never

It would be good though, there are a lot of people who dream of playing The Doctor! And what's wrong with Rose? She's returning for the 50th
T-meredith 17

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 19:52

T-meredith wrote:It would be good though, there are a lot of people who dream of playing The Doctor! And what's wrong with Rose? She's returning for the 50th

I know, I was not happy at the news.
And I dont know why, I cant place it but there's just something I do not like about her
Metalrodent 67

Postby T-meredith » 23 Apr 2013, 19:57

fair enough, everyone has their favourites. But i reckon my idea for the game could work quite well.
T-meredith 17

Postby SilentDark » 23 Apr 2013, 20:07

T-meredith wrote:And what's wrong with Rose? She's returning for the 50th

Oh god Rose, where the hell do I start with her. She's annoying, smug, basically a canon sue and of all the companions the Doctor has had, apparently she's the one he falls in love with. Not Sarah Jane, not Jo, not Nyssa, Tegan or Peri, Rose, the most annoying companion in the history of ever. She is also ultimately proof that Russel T. Davies is quite possibly one of the most overrated people to write for TV, he should never be allowed within a hundred miles of Doctor Who ever again.

And I would pay top dollar for a Top Gear game if that game involved using Jeremy Clarkson as a crash test dummy :twisted:
"You're an interesting fellow as always. I will once again become your hope."
SilentDark 62

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 20:08

SilentDark wrote:Not Sarah Jane, not Jo, not Nyssa, Tegan or Peri

+1 for knowing the old companions
Metalrodent 67

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Apr 2013, 10:04

Metalrodent wrote:
SilentDark wrote:Not Sarah Jane, not Jo, not Nyssa, Tegan or Peri

+1 for knowing the old companions

Yeah cheers Dark, I was weeping when that person above said bring back old companions but seemed to think that meant as far back as 2006. You've restored my faith in humanity.

And you could do a design your own Doctor game, just don't make it canon. There are about four versions of the 9th Doctor knocking around as a result of stuff made between 1989 and 2005. One was played by Richard E. Grant and was fantastic.
Last edited by CunningSmile on 24 Apr 2013, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Next