Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Your comments on our articles.

Far Cry: Blood Dragon, AC3 DLC, more Arcade discounts

This week on What's New This Week, not much that's new. The offerings are enticing, however - a standalone Far Cry 3 spin-off modelled on the cheesiest of '80s action flicks, and some triumphant final DLC for Assassin's Creed 3. Dig in.... read more

Postby tony99 » 23 Apr 2013, 15:47

I was hoping to see South Park Stick of truth on this list,it was down as 31st of april for release.Has it been put back again?
tony99 18

Postby Droidsbane » 23 Apr 2013, 15:50

so any word on how many Ms points I'll need for Blood Dragon
Droidsbane 33

Re: Xbox Live update: what's new this week?

Postby Droidsbane » 23 Apr 2013, 15:51

tony99 wrote:I was hoping to see South Park Stick of truth on this list,it was down as 31st of april for release.Has it been put back again?

there actually hasn't been a peep about the game since Ubisoft bought it when THQ went under
Droidsbane 33

Postby Grummy » 23 Apr 2013, 16:03

If you like Catan then Carcassone is also worth getting. It's a fantastic little game, simple and relaxing and surprisingly good fun to play. They're 2 of my favourite Arcade games.
One. Warrior. Nation.

"The PS4 reminds me of a Kit-Kat, and I like Kit-Kats" as spoken by the Hetty.
Grummy 67
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 23 Apr 2013, 16:26

Another week goes by with no Alan Wakes American Nightmare. I thought these forums had magical powers. If you wished it, it would come true. I'm quickly losing my faith
ItchyRash 43

Postby leokhan » 23 Apr 2013, 17:20

ItchyRash wrote:Another week goes by with no Alan Wakes American Nightmare. I thought these forums had magical powers. If you wished it, it would come true. I'm quickly losing my faith

I am quite sure that American Nightmare was reduced couple of months back, probably leading up to Easter. I haven't played it yet but i certainly have it in my catalogue and i most certainly wouldn't have paid 1200msp for it, so pretty sure that it has already been on sale.
leokhan 24

Postby Insaneyokel » 23 Apr 2013, 19:43

Might take a gander at catan, that's the sort of game I like
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby tony99 » 23 Apr 2013, 21:39

Droidsbane wrote:
tony99 wrote:I was hoping to see South Park Stick of truth on this list,it was down as 31st of april for release.Has it been put back again?

there actually hasn't been a peep about the game since Ubisoft bought it when THQ went under

Correct,didn't know about that until i checked it out after your reply.Am i right in thinking it was supposed to be an XBLA release? Because everything i managed to look up says it's a full retail release.
tony99 18

Postby Metalrodent » 23 Apr 2013, 22:53

Will you guys be reviewing FC Blood Dragon? The screenshots look fun but it would be nice to hear something before throwing money at it (or precious memory space in the demos case)
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby SidTheSloth » 23 Apr 2013, 23:37

tony99 wrote:
Droidsbane wrote: there actually hasn't been a peep about the game [EDIT: South Park: Stick of Truth] since Ubisoft bought it when THQ went under

Correct,didn't know about that until i checked it out after your reply.Am i right in thinking it was supposed to be an XBLA release? Because everything i managed to look up says it's a full retail release.

Full retail dude. The release date was pushed back ages ago, it's anyone guess whats going on now. As Mr Bane says, Ubisoft got the rights (although i read there was a legal wrangle with the South Park people questioning whether THQ should even have been able to sell the rights as technically they belonged to them. Or something) in the auction, and it's listed on their site without a release date. More worrying is when i just checked the official site and it was still listed for 8th March :(

Genuinely worried as this is one i was looking forward to...
(2 + 4 = Fish) / Sloth = Better
SidTheSloth 54

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Apr 2013, 09:58

SidTheSloth wrote:Full retail dude. The release date was pushed back ages ago, it's anyone guess whats going on now. As Mr Bane says, Ubisoft got the rights (although i read there was a legal wrangle with the South Park people questioning whether THQ should even have been able to sell the rights as technically they belonged to them. Or something) in the auction, and it's listed on their site without a release date. More worrying is when i just checked the official site and it was still listed for 8th March :(

Genuinely worried as this is one i was looking forward to...

I was as well. As you say I think there have been a few legal issues with Messers Stone and Parker as they believe, or such is my understanding, that they own the rights to South Park and all related media and leased them to THQ, so Stick of Truth should have reverted to them upon bankruptcy rather than being counted as THQ assets and sold. I think until the lawyers finish combing through the contracts this has probably gone on hiatus :(
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby kronk10 » 24 Apr 2013, 11:24

Kinda unrelated but is GODMODE gonna get a review at any point its not a bad game for 800 points and is a blast with friends oxm do not seem to have covered it at all?
kronk10 44

Postby ItchyRash » 24 Apr 2013, 15:17

I've been keeping a very close eye on Market Place deals for Alan Wake for forever so will be mighty pissed if I have missed it
ItchyRash 43

Postby CunningSmile » 24 Apr 2013, 15:19

ItchyRash wrote:I've been keeping a very close eye on Market Place deals for Alan Wake for forever so will be mighty pissed if I have missed it

I know I def bought it on Deal of The Week last year, so it's popped up at least once. Got a feeling that it was on again a couple of months back, possibly the one day sales they did over Christmas or Easter. Keep an eye out because it'll pop up again.
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 74
OXM Moderator

Postby Mendes » 24 Apr 2013, 15:49

CunningSmile wrote:
ItchyRash wrote:I've been keeping a very close eye on Market Place deals for Alan Wake for forever so will be mighty pissed if I have missed it

I know I def bought it on Deal of The Week last year, so it's popped up at least once. Got a feeling that it was on again a couple of months back, possibly the one day sales they did over Christmas or Easter. Keep an eye out because it'll pop up again.

Dang! I missed it both times, really want some more Alan Wake but can't stoop to 1200MS, (unless Cunning let's me know it's worth every penny), I really liked the original... a hugely enjoyable game I thought, though somewhat devisive considering some peoples views.

In the meantime I'll take From Dust thanks very much, played the demo, aware of its failings and some mixed reviews, but I spent ages on it, not completing the demo, just playing with it, fascinating and fun physics.
Mendes 35

Next