Gears of War: Judgment DLC: Call to Arms map pack goes Live

Your comments on our articles.

Three new maps, one new mode, new weapon and armor skins

Thought you were done killing things on Sera? You thought erroneously. Microsoft has released the Gears of War: Judgment map pack Call to Arms to Season Pass holders, comprising three new multiplayer maps, a new mode and six armour and gun skins. There's 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore to be had, so dust off that Lancer and get involved.... read more

Gears of War: Judgment DLC: Call to Arms map pack goes Live

Postby fracturedrich » 23 Apr 2013, 18:02

Iv'e played the story and really enjoyed it,and the mp,the thing with gears it's very time consuming and iv,e got a load of games to get through,i will play more of it but defiance,tiger 14 and injustice are eating away at my free time at the moment,
fracturedrich 48

Re: Gears of War: Judgment DLC: Call to Arms map pack goes L

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 24 Apr 2013, 15:31

The JudgEment campaign is superb, and is very challenging on Insane, particularly solo whilst playing the missions on Declassified. Overrun gets old very quickly, Survival is rock hard on the harder difficulties, but is also lacking. Multiplayer doesn’t interest me and I really struggle to tell the reds from the blues (which makes it extremely frustrating). Out of curiosity, does anyone know the rationale behind removing the Locust from Multiplayer? :?:

I was convinced that they would bring back Horde and so knowing that I have put hundreds of hours into Horde on 3 (and a great many into Horde in Gears 2 as well), I purchased the Season Pass. I now regret that decision; it strikes me as odd that the new game mode doesn’t feature in the achievements as you would have though that they would have wanted people to give it a go.

I have to say that many, many hours of play would be required in order to gain the majority of the new achievements, and I think that is the point of them. I believe that because the numbers playing Overrun and Survival are much lower than Epic/PCF anticipated, they have introduced these new achievements in order to entice people to put many hours into these new modes, but they are really no substitute for Horde. I’ve looked at the achievements, and to be honest, they’ve had the opposite effect for me, as I just cannot be bothered to put in the time necessary to obtain them, and so I’ll crack on with something else instead.

Had Horde been included with JudgEment (and I still fail to understand why it wasn’t), I would have been playing it relentlessly, as it is, I feel that I’ve finished the game now and so may as well move on to something else.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby OXM ETboy » 24 Apr 2013, 15:33

Mock me not with your capitalised Es! I'm only spelling how the publisher wants it spelled. Don't shoot the messenger, etc.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 24 Apr 2013, 16:48

OXM ETboy wrote:Mock me not with your capitalised Es! I'm only spelling how the publisher wants it spelled. Don't shoot the messenger, etc.

Edwin - I didn't mean to cause offence (something I seem to be getting good at recently!) - I always spell JudgEment with a capitalised E because that’s how it should be spelt in good ol’ Blighty and I’ve been writing it that way since the game was first announced (and we then had a long debate on these very forums about all the words that the American’s cannot spell!)…

I meant nothing by it… honest! :oops:
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby Allan96 » 24 Apr 2013, 19:56

Originally when i first bought the game I'll be honest, I was disappointed,the first thing I played was campaign in coop, in my opinion the campaign was short and repetitive but I really enjoyed declassified missions as they made it different each act forcing me to change my style, it sounds weird but my favourite parts were low visibility levels.

i was annoyed at the fact they got rid of horde, gears of war 2 was my first Xbox 360 game and as such horde was a huge part of that, playing with a group of friends against waves of locusts was too much fun. then gears of war 3 came along and did a huge overhaul improving it so much i spent hours on it with friends at one point spending an entire day developing a technique to beat it as just a due, then judgement came out with its survival modes and overrun, it was fun but no replacement.

but now with the dlc coming out I'm enjoying it more and more i would finally recommend it to others, i understand the new master of arms is apparently the same as something on cod, but as someone who doesn't play/enjoy cod so for me was a new experience, I was also worried about them releasing blood-drive... again, but it had changed so much and i liked the intricate touches that they added it has the same shape and paths but a whole new feel to it.

to put it short if you have judgement, you're going to want this dlc. :D
Allan96 7