Free Xbox games: 14 DLC packs and add-ons that don't cost a

Your comments on our articles.

Fatten your game, pay nothing, rejoice

There's no such thing as a free lunch, but it turns out there is such a thing as free Xbox DLC. We regaled you earlier this week with a list of free Xbox games - now, consider the below, equally marvellous round-up of price-deficient add-ons and expansions. Zero pounds, zero pennies, multiple man-hours of fun.... read more

Postby PCG The_B » 24 Apr 2013, 15:18

Do the Spartan Ops packages for Halo 4 count at all? Although granted, they got a little samey towards the second half.

Also there's the Minecraft content updates - while not DLC or "add-ons" per se, they've certainly added as much content as others might charge for.

And in points for recent-ness, Forza Horizon's latest DLC offers 1000 new challenges for folks wanting to eke a little bit more from what was a great racing game.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Re: Free Xbox games: 14 DLC packs and add-ons that don't cos

Postby OXM ETboy » 24 Apr 2013, 15:31

All decent suggestions. Given a moment spare, I'll update the feature with them.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Apr 2013, 17:54

2 small bits of DLC I would suggest:

1. Rock Band 3 - Still Alive
2. MW3 - Terminal map

On the flipside I would be hesitant to include Minecraft, the add ons probably would cost money if it weren't for Microsoft allowing them (and no one else) free updates
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 25 Apr 2013, 11:29

Ive really enjoyed how much free extra content has been added to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It really holds it on against more established multiplayer games. Admittedly I was skeptical of adding multiplayer to the Franchise but it worked.

I didnt like having to pay for Javik though. Seems he was cut for no reason other than profit.(Its EA so I shouldn't be surprised) but he adds so much more depth to the game in terms of his dialog. Without him though we never find out what Protheans were really like and on the Thessia mission you miss out on very revealing information on the Asari.

Currently playing through ME3 again hence my little rant
Johnbhoy69 55

Postby jahladagaming » 02 Feb 2014, 22:51

I hope the COD DLC becomes free in a few years from now. I'll still be playing the Xbox 360 versions I think. Xbone will have to be on it's third or fourth version before I can afford it.
jahladagaming 25

Postby Metalrodent » 02 Feb 2014, 23:47

jahladagaming wrote:I hope the COD DLC becomes free in a few years from now. I'll still be playing the Xbox 360 versions I think. Xbone will have to be on it's third or fourth version before I can afford it.

Well considering that CoD 2 and 3's map packs still costs money I doubt it
People get confused when a sentence doesn't end the way they potato.

Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 72