to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Call of Duty: Ghosts outed by retailer - first image

Your comments on our articles.

Not Modern Warfare 4, then?

The next Call of Duty game is Call of Duty: Ghosts, according to a hastily removed product listing over at Tesco Direct. Check out a snap of the boxart below (ta Eurogamer). Whatever happened to Modern Warfare, Activision?... read more

Call of Duty: Ghosts outed by retailer - first image

Postby Baryonyx » 24 Apr 2013, 16:13

I expect that the dump title will be dropped at some point. It's hardly interesting or evocative.
Baryonyx 42

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts outed by retailer - first image

Postby PonderingWalrus » 24 Apr 2013, 16:41

Baryonyx wrote:I expect that the dump title will be dropped at some point. It's hardly interesting or evocative.

If it's got "Call of Duty" in the title it will sell.

On another note, I didn't think there would be enough of Infinity Ward left to develop a new game.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
PonderingWalrus 42

Postby LuRcH18489 » 24 Apr 2013, 16:50

al c if it can go thru walls by throwin it very hard at thm
LuRcH18489 31

Postby PCG The_B » 24 Apr 2013, 16:59

I'm more worried as to how the poor chap on the boxart is expected to see his enemies with that bandana over his eyes.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby FishyGinger » 24 Apr 2013, 17:01

LuRcH18489 wrote:al c if it can go thru walls by throwin it very hard at thm

You know posting whilst drunk is a felony in 14 counties.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby PCG The_B » 24 Apr 2013, 17:11

Oh wait, it's a balaclava MY POINT STILL STANDS.
Ben Borthwick
The Blog | The Twit(ter)
PCG The_B 66

Postby Baryonyx » 24 Apr 2013, 17:29

PonderingWalrus wrote:
Baryonyx wrote:I expect that the dump title will be dropped at some point. It's hardly interesting or evocative.

If it's got "Call of Duty" in the title it will sell.

On another note, I didn't think there would be enough of Infinity Ward left to develop a new game.

Infinity Ward have always tended to go for a re-skin of the last game with maybe a multiplayer update or two, whereas Treyarch always took the big, risky steps. I'm pretty sure they can get enough people together to roll out one more COD in time for Christmas.
Baryonyx 42

Postby Tom Roberts » 24 Apr 2013, 17:30

Thats Ghost?... but he died in MW2?.... Can Ghosts die? :?:
Tom Roberts 2

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Apr 2013, 17:46

there were loads of rumours of a game based on Ghost around MW2, looks like they finally came true.
Also, that has to be one of the most terrible boxart designs I've seen in a long time
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby Steven Willis » 24 Apr 2013, 17:54

No Comment???
What a surprise!!!
Steven Willis 1

Postby Organic Carrot » 24 Apr 2013, 18:34

I always had this idea that Roach survived the encounter in MW2, because his call-sign is Roach obviously. Maybe he has become the new Ghost?

If this game is to spark any interest in me, it needs to have a story with as much umph as Spec Ops: The Line. The villian also should not be the Russians, Chinese or middle-eastern terrorists, because that has just been completely overdone. Make a new villainous group which is not a country but a "nation without borders", like a secret society like the Illuminati or the theory of the Majestic 12. Maybe even a new world order or to really make it interesting, an America in which the government has become totalitarian and results in a second American civil war. Something unique, not soulless spunk-gargle-wee-wee.
Organic Carrot 36

Postby Metalrodent » 24 Apr 2013, 18:43

Organic Carrot wrote:I always had this idea that Roach survived the encounter in MW2, because his call-sign is Roach obviously. Maybe he has become the new Ghost?

If this game is to spark any interest in me, it needs to have a story with as much umph as Spec Ops: The Line. The villian also should not be the Russians, Chinese or middle-eastern terrorists, because that has just been completely overdone. Make a new villainous group which is not a country but a "nation without borders", like a secret society like the Illuminati or the theory of the Majestic 12. Maybe even a new world order or to really make it interesting, an America in which the government has become totalitarian and results in a second American civil war. Something unique, not soulless spunk-gargle-wee-wee.

well done for the Yahtzee reference, however I don't think CoD should have a Spec Ops TL style story, as it would defeat the entire point of it, which was showing up how stupid games like CoD.
Hey you, yes you! Feel free to check out my blog
Metalrodent 71

Postby GeorgeTurner1994 » 24 Apr 2013, 22:53

If you take a closer look at the cover art and the name of the future title, it suggest that this game will be based upon modern warfare 2's character, Ghost as it matches both the name and the balaclava!
GeorgeTurner1994 1

Postby zacho 666 » 25 Apr 2013, 14:49

For once I am looking forward to a Call Of Duty Game :mrgreen: Its look interesting and all that, If it's a new trilogy I only hope it doesn't go the way of MW I just have to remember to mute everyone in the lobby :lol:
CANADA BABY!
zacho 666 25

Postby DEMonFoRLIFE » 26 Apr 2013, 08:31

PCG The_B wrote:I'm more worried as to how the poor chap on the boxart is expected to see his enemies with that bandana over his eyes.
If you look closer its someone taking their mask off, and the mask is the bottom jaw of a skeleton (ghost from MW2) And on the top you could see his fore head whilst he took off the mask. It is actually ghost taking off his mask :)
DEMonFoRLIFE 1

Next