to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

Stunning new Destiny concept artworks reveal planets, starsh

Your comments on our articles.

Hopefully reflective of actual in-game environments

Bungie has let rip with another salvo of Destiny concept artworks, care of the SaveRoom Minibar. They're extraordinarily pretty, but then most concept artworks are. Hopefully, the game itself (catch guarded snippets of Stayplation Four footage here) will be every inch as sumptuous.... read more

Stunning new Destiny concept artworks reveal planets, starsh

Postby Johnbhoy69 » 25 Apr 2013, 11:18

Very nice, hope they release an art book as I'll gladly buy it
Johnbhoy69 51

Re: Stunning new Destiny concept artworks reveal planets, st

Postby Insaneyokel » 25 Apr 2013, 11:27

The more I see the more I am starting to like it, this might be something special in the making. I can but hope and be optimistic :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby Ciaran Hillock » 25 Apr 2013, 12:13

Star Gate anyone? looks like they ripped off the alien spaceships from Star Gate ? Bungies always been ripping off other media?
Ciaran Hillock 8

Postby Droidsbane » 25 Apr 2013, 12:38

In this day and age theres no such thing as originality just taking inspiration from existing sources and trying to put your own spin on it, but just for fun by that logic Deadspace is a rip-off of The Thing, Mass effect is a rip-off of Babylon 5 and Halo a rip-off of Aliens and every 3rd person shooter released these past couple of years being a rip-off of Gears of War, the thing anytime there a new game, movie or book announced or back when an old piece of media was new youll have people saying its a blatant rip-off of something.
Droidsbane 33

Postby ItchyRash » 25 Apr 2013, 12:45

Droidsbane wrote:In this day and age theres no such thing as originality just taking inspiration from existing sources and trying to put your own spin on it, but just for fun by that logic Deadspace is a rip-off of The Thing, Mass effect is a rip-off of Babylon 5 and Halo a rip-off of Aliens and every 3rd person shooter released these past couple of years being a rip-off of Gears of War, the thing anytime there a new game, movie or book announced or back when an old piece of media was new youll have people saying its a blatant rip-off of something.

Blatantly Dead Space is a blatant rip off of Event Horizon.
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 25 Apr 2013, 12:59

ItchyRash wrote:
Droidsbane wrote:In this day and age theres no such thing as originality just taking inspiration from existing sources and trying to put your own spin on it, but just for fun by that logic Deadspace is a rip-off of The Thing, Mass effect is a rip-off of Babylon 5 and Halo a rip-off of Aliens and every 3rd person shooter released these past couple of years being a rip-off of Gears of War, the thing anytime there a new game, movie or book announced or back when an old piece of media was new youll have people saying its a blatant rip-off of something.

Blatantly Dead Space is a blatant rip off of Event Horizon.

But you're not arguing his main point? And Event Horizon was a blatant rip of ghost ship stories dating back centuries.
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby Insaneyokel » 25 Apr 2013, 13:07

Event horizon also ripped off the designs for the rebel ships in Star Wars as well. But anyway am still excited about this. I seem to be getting over excited about a lot recently :D
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 47

Postby ItchyRash » 25 Apr 2013, 13:08

CunningSmile wrote:But you're not arguing his main point? And Event Horizon was a blatant rip of ghost ship stories dating back centuries.

I wasn't actually arguing any point. Actually I was helping him make his point. Sarcasm just doesn't translate well on tinternet. I was showing other examples of things that have taken inspiration from other sources.I agree with him. It's unfair to criticise what appears to be copying when it gets harder and harder to do something truly original
ItchyRash 42

Postby CunningSmile » 25 Apr 2013, 13:13

I sort of guessed you weren't arguing but adding to his point, I just couldn't resist one up-ing your correction :lol:
I miss my care free youth when my biggest concern was where to hide the latest body
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby ItchyRash » 25 Apr 2013, 13:33

CunningSmile wrote:I sort of guessed you weren't arguing but adding to his point, I just couldn't resist one up-ing your correction :lol:

And I took the bait, hook, line and sinker. You win this round
ItchyRash 42

Postby FishyGinger » 25 Apr 2013, 13:35

Event Horizon was a great film. As was the Thing.

I would also like to confirm I never have a point. Try one-upping that one squire! :D
I have given pleasure to the world because I have such a beautiful ass.
FishyGinger 66

Postby CunningSmile » 25 Apr 2013, 13:43

FishyGinger wrote:I would also like to confirm I never have a point. Try one-upping that one squire! :D

Hmmmm, I shall get you. At some point you will eventually make a valid point, if only by pure accident, and then I shall beat you :twisted:
CunningSmile 68
OXM Moderator

Postby FishyGinger » 25 Apr 2013, 13:46

You'll have to get up pretty early in the morn to pull the sheep over this fishys eyes 8)
FishyGinger 66

Postby SidTheSloth » 25 Apr 2013, 13:46

CunningSmile wrote:
FishyGinger wrote:I would also like to confirm I never have a point. Try one-upping that one squire! :D

Hmmmm, I shall get you. At some point you will eventually make a valid point, if only by pure accident, and then I shall beat you :twisted:

May i suggest that when that time comes, you use a fish? A big wet one?

Ever since seeing that picture yesterday i'm resigning myself to the fact i'll likely be arrested this weekend for salmon-ing someone in the mush :| Far more inspiring than these 'admittedly pretty, but seen it all before' pictures...
Sid is waving. Waving goodbye. It means he's leaving now. He's going. His final message to you, dear reader, is to always wash your hands after making a big pooh, and to remember that Hyrule Warriors is a thing…!
SidTheSloth 53

Postby FishyGinger » 25 Apr 2013, 13:50

SidTheSloth wrote:May i suggest that when that time comes, you use a fish? A big wet one?

Ever since seeing that picture yesterday i'm resigning myself to the fact i'll likely be arrested this weekend for salmon-ing someone in the mush :| Far more inspiring than these 'admittedly pretty, but seen it all before' pictures...

What picture could that be?

FishyGinger 66

Next