to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Capcom: devs can't "please everybody", "cinematic is a dirty

Your comments on our articles.

Lost Planet 3 producer talks finding the balance between story and gameplay

Lost Planet 3 producer Andrew Szymanski believes that "not all games have to be everything for all people".... read more

Capcom: devs can't "please everybody", "cinematic is a dirty

Postby squirrelofDoom » 25 Apr 2013, 13:06

Cinematic isn't a dirty word. I don't remember ever shouting "You little cinematic!" :D
squirrelofDoom 26

Re: Capcom: devs can't "please everybody", "cinematic is a d

Postby SilentDark » 25 Apr 2013, 13:14

I would love to find the game that is "all things to all people" seriously what exactly is his point? That some people won't like Lost Planet 3? Isn't that kind of a given anyway? The only time you should worry really is when everyone agrees your game sucks.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby FishyGinger » 25 Apr 2013, 13:33

Then why did they try to make resi 6 more appealing to the masses? I get what he's saying but it seems slightly at odds with capcoms ethos.
2 + 4 = Fish
FishyGinger 70

Postby SilentDark » 25 Apr 2013, 13:45

Actually it's at odds with most company's ethos. Isn't the whole point of running a business to get the largest possible customer base? By appealing to as many people as possible you increase profit. This isn't some kind of mysterious economist insider knowledge it's the basics of marketing.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby Xu En » 25 Apr 2013, 15:54

SilentDark wrote:Actually it's at odds with most company's ethos. Isn't the whole point of running a business to get the largest possible customer base? By appealing to as many people as possible you increase profit. This isn't some kind of mysterious economist insider knowledge it's the basics of marketing.

Not really - shitting in your own biscuit tin for short term profit is not necessarily the best way to run a company.

Also why you can't buy a cheap Mercedes car.. Read my book "how to kill a brand".
Xu En 18

Postby SilentDark » 25 Apr 2013, 17:17

Can I get that on Amazon? :)
SilentDark 66