to join the Xbox community. Not a member yet? Join now!

Skyrim Legendary Edition release date, price confirmed by Be

Your comments on our articles.

It's out in June, Dragonborn, so mark your diary

In a spectacular twist of fate, Bethesda has confirmed that the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Legendary Edition boxart we dug up the other week does, indeed, correspond to a product by the name of Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Legendary Edition. It's out on 7th June, and will cost £39.99 in the UK on Xbox 360.... read more

Skyrim Legendary Edition release date, price confirmed by Be

Postby SkinnerChinner » 25 Apr 2013, 16:44

Well, following Cunning's suggestion/instruction I picked up the game yesterday (for £20 squids)...why I didn't buy it sooner I don't know!

Got the Heathfire DLC with some residual MS points, are the other two worth forking out for?
SkinnerChinner 36

Re: Skyrim Legendary Edition release date, price confirmed b

Postby OXM ETboy » 25 Apr 2013, 16:55

Get Dragonborn, especially if you've played Morrowind. Dawnguard's less essential - in brief, being a Vampire Lord is surprisingly frustrating.
OXM ETboy
OXM Staff

Postby SilentDark » 25 Apr 2013, 17:11

gettingitgettingitgettingitgettingitgettingitdon'ttryandstopmegettingitgettingitgettingit!
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
SilentDark 66

Postby Insaneyokel » 25 Apr 2013, 18:50

That's it going to have to give up on my dream that there would just be one more dlc. Going to go and cry, need a hug :cry:
Twitter: @RMRedmanAuthor
Gamertag: RONA79
Insaneyokel 48

Postby Sandbwoy » 25 Apr 2013, 18:54

Having already got the game, I was hoping this edition would be cheaper so I could pick it up for the DLC. Oh well, I'll be buying it again anyway. I prefer to have the add-on packs on a physical disc rather than download.
Sandbwoy 24

Postby Tug » 25 Apr 2013, 18:59

Last edited by Tug on 17 May 2013, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Tug 27

Postby SkinnerChinner » 25 Apr 2013, 20:27

OXM ETboy wrote:Get Dragonborn, especially if you've played Morrowind. Dawnguard's less essential - in brief, being a Vampire Lord is surprisingly frustrating.

Never played Marrowind, I'm an Elder Scrolls newbie, but I took at look at your review - 'giant flying jellyfish' got my attention :lol:
SkinnerChinner 36

Postby CunningSmile » 26 Apr 2013, 12:12

SkinnerChinner wrote:
OXM ETboy wrote:Get Dragonborn, especially if you've played Morrowind. Dawnguard's less essential - in brief, being a Vampire Lord is surprisingly frustrating.

Never played Marrowind, I'm an Elder Scrolls newbie, but I took at look at your review - 'giant flying jellyfish' got my attention :lol:

Glad you like it, I always feel guilty when I recommend stuff and people hate it although I felt pretty confident with the game of the year.

As Ed says the Dragonborn DLC is well worth it (playing it myself at the moment) and set in a completely new area, or at least an old area from a previous Elder Scrolls but new for Skyrim. But since the main game will easily provide 100+ hours of game play before you start to run out of new plot threads I'd wait until the next time it's on sale. Assuming you're on a Gold membership Bethesda knock 50% of the price about every three months or so.

Oh and do a bit of background reading on the Elder Scrolls Wiki if you're a ES newbie, even if just to read the plots of the previous games. You've got about a 1,000 years of back story to catch up on :wink:
"Jar Jar, you're a genius"
CunningSmile 73
OXM Moderator

Postby SkinnerChinner » 26 Apr 2013, 21:28

CunningSmile wrote: Glad you like it, I always feel guilty when I recommend stuff and people hate it although I felt pretty confident with the game of the year.

As Ed says the Dragonborn DLC is well worth it (playing it myself at the moment) and set in a completely new area, or at least an old area from a previous Elder Scrolls but new for Skyrim. But since the main game will easily provide 100+ hours of game play before you start to run out of new plot threads I'd wait until the next time it's on sale. Assuming you're on a Gold membership Bethesda knock 50% of the price about every three months or so.

Oh and do a bit of background reading on the Elder Scrolls Wiki if you're a ES newbie, even if just to read the plots of the previous games. You've got about a 1,000 years of back story to catch up on :wink:

Thanks for the 'pro tip' again, I recall seeing it on offer not too long ago, never realised Bethesda DLC was reduced that often - I'll hold out for it to drop, as you said I'll be pre-occupied with the core game for some time :D

I'll get reading then! Did the same with Fallout 3 (being my first Fallout game) and certainly added to the 'immersion'.
SkinnerChinner 36