to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified announced, now a third person

Your comments on our articles.

Due for release on 23rd August, tells the origins of the XCOM organisation

As it promised, 2K has just this morning announced The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. The game is now a third person shooter from 2K Marin - the team behind Bioshock 2. It's due for release on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 20th August 2013.... read more

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified announced, now a third person

Postby Droidsbane » 26 Apr 2013, 09:43

looks interesting, glad to see they kept the shape-shifting monoliths and black goo.
Droidsbane 33

Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified announced, now a third per

Postby SkinnerChinner » 26 Apr 2013, 10:04

I must admit, I've been pretty skeptical...it's had a 'complex' development to say the least, with the changes, that long period of silence after Enemy Unknown was released...makes me cautious. Wasn't too keen on the idea of 'rebooting' a game which is a highly regarded turn based strategy/sim into a first/third person shooter either, tactical or not.

Saying that, the trailer looks interesting...I'll hold further judgement until more is known, Fishy made a fair point in the other article peeps were raging over Fallout going from a isometric RPG to a FPSRPG in Fallout 3, yet is works brilliantly.
SkinnerChinner 35

Postby Thos. » 26 Apr 2013, 10:11

The kid's hair's way too long for 1962.

That is all.
Thos. 43

Postby Bezza89 » 26 Apr 2013, 10:18

Yes. I am in.
It's all in the game...
Bezza89 65

Postby fracturedrich » 26 Apr 2013, 11:58

You need to be tactical,we will see,to be honest ive heard it all before.Ime going to be really fussy about day 1 purchases until i no what is going on with next xbox.That aside the price in games over the last 6 months are dropping fast,I blame game for this,i bought 2 copy of hitman 2 weeks after it came out just before xmas and 3 days later they put it on offer for 20 pound.With my back log of games to get through and the way prices are dropping i will be lucky to by a day 1 before gertrude comes out.I bought injustice day 1 and dragons dogma today but the latter does not count as its not a full price game and the former has got to be a contender for goty.I do like the fact that they have not rushed the release of this game,that bodes well with me and i will keep my eye on it.
fracturedrich 46